Post pictures of your cockpit with instruments here...

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

CALL911

Looking for pictures of cockpit layouts as far as instruments go. Please post up whatever you have.

I'm still trying to figure out what all I want and how to lay it out for my ultralight. I was thinking about doing something similar to this layout;

I want something attractive looking with the black dash, and enough instruments to get me what I need, but not too many for weight reasons.

This is my ultralight lay out
Top row are three 3inch rounds, airspeed middle, sailplane vario left , altitude right, slip/skid ball center top.
Bottom has tiny tach below the vario, 2-1/4 EGT and CHT rounds for the two stroke hardly visible on the right side.
The seemingly empty space is where Garmin gps Pilot 3 goes stuck with Velcro. The panel is clear carbon fiber but the picture doesn’t show that well.

Attachments

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ What a great picture! What airspeed indicator instrument is that?
Thanks.. I don't know what the ASI is, there are no markings on it. It was on the plane when I bought it. I moved the engine instruments and added the compass, GPS, and radio. There's also a fuel pressure gauge mounted near the throttle but that'll go away when I move the tanks and switch from the pump to gravity feed.

-Dana

Beam me up, Scotty, it ate my phaser.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Funny this thread comes up 5 minutes after I found this picture of my T-Craft panel while looking for something else. This was taken while the aircraft was in storage, shortly before I sold it (note the paw prints on the windshield), and the cool 1940's radios had already been removed.

-Dana

And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he'll know he's been hit!

Attachments

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ That thing looks like it was from the 1930's!
Close... 1941. When it originally came from the factory the center section of the panel (the red part) was painted on "Prima Vera Woodgrain". I always wanted to restore it to the original look, but I never did.

-Dana

Everyone who lives dies; yet not everyone who dies, has lived.

CALL911

Since we are talking about instrument panels, whats a good place to get gauges that are light weight?

What all gauges do you reccomend for an ultralight?

litespeed

Here is some of a plane I would love but short on spare cash and also a Fokker DVIII replica would love to build one of these.

One of the smaller ones so may be more appropriate for what I think you are after. AS far as small and light? 'need to check the specs of any you like.

Litespeed

Attachments

DarylP

My last one is not a computer file, but this is one that I thought was really nice.

From a Rans I think....

Group Builder