Wanted Plans for Rocky Mountain Wings "Ridge Runner" UL/LSA Aircraft

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

WarpedWing

VB, I feel like a dummy. Your correct. it makes no sense to me but, that is how it is designed. I went through all my parts bags and my check lists, and I actually have "Two" sets of flap pulleys with the same part number. My packing/parts list shows only two pulleys for spar mounting at the flap arm. Some how they sent two sets in the kit.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
There is almost no way to put traditional pulleys at that location. You'd have 1/8" clearance as the wing root rib swings over them. Plus the wing folding would likely kink the flap cable all to hell.

Vchris208

Hey guys, I realize this is a bit of an old thread, but does anyone still need to get a hold of Stace? It might not be as useful as a full build thread with details and pictures but if you really need something (like the 51% proof) I bet he would be willing to help if you chat him up a bit.

They are no longer in business as RMW but he really is an old fashioned plane guy, ******** with him a bit like an old friend versus a customer and perhaps he can still help.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Through a mutual friend I actually managed to have a phone call with Stace about six months ago. He was very very nice to me on the phone, and answered a few questions, and told me his version of the whole RMW story, and was kind enough to offer to help me with identifying the kit that I eventually wound up with.

However, I am still waiting to get the specific thing I was desperately trying to get ("Your airplane is serial number XYZ, and yes I will send out a letter saying when it left the factory it was a 51% compliant kit").

Vchris208 if you can help facilitate me getting that information I will very much be in your debt. (I need the model number and serial number of my kit, originally sold to Leonard Alogna of Los Angeles, and a letter from Stace saying that although RMW is not in business any more, at the time this RR kit was sold it complied with the FAA 51% rule).

I am 90% sure it was a Ridge Runner Model 2 kit, and it was originally finished and flown by Kelly Quick for Mr. Alogna.

But after hearing the whole tragic story of the airplane company, the brothers, etc. I honestly can't blame him for not wanting to make any more Ridge Runner kits or be in the airplane business.

Last edited: