Oshkosh 2020 Cancelled

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
It will be interesting what this decision does to EAA membership numbers, which I suspect are usually inflated by those who purchase an annual membership as a tradeoff of weekly convention admission.
That’s a good point, I hadn’t thought of that.

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
HBA Supporter
I suspect that new and slightly less restrictive orders will be issued soon.
Not likely gatherings more than 50 will happen soon.

A large number of EAA members are from Wisconsin. Just look at the number of deaths per state listed in each issue of the EAA magazine.

BJC

HBA Supporter
I’ve been thinking of going through Oshkosh on my way to Binghamton, NY. If I do, the time on Oshkosh will be the end of the convention week.
If Wisconsin opens up as expected, I will be there the end of the convention week. If anyone else expects to be in the area, and would like to meet at a restaurant or the EAA museum, let me know.

BJC

BJC

HBA Supporter

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Doing it as well, recruiting from my circle for a flight in, museum visit and meal or two, then flight home.

BJC

HBA Supporter
I remain optimistic that the Museum will re-open by then, although the guy that answers the phone there has no estimate of when, or to what extent, it will re-open.

BJC

Chris In Marshfield

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I remain optimistic that the Museum will re-open by then, although the guy that answers the phone there has no estimate of when, or to what extent, it will re-open.

BJC
Caught a reply by JP in a Facebook post recently that the museum (and grounds) won’t be open until August sometime. 😢

ScaleBirdsScott

Well if they open that stuff up before the actual show date they know it'll get inundated anyway by people. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to close the airport during the week or two around when the show would be.

Chris In Marshfield

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Wittman official statement: