For Sale Older KitPlane mags

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by cvairwerks, Jun 19, 2015.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jun 19, 2015 #1

cvairwerks

cvairwerks

cvairwerks

Anyone have an interest in older KitPlanes magazines? I've got a box full over in storage with a number of years worth in it, and I no longer have a need or the space to keep them. If there is interest, pm me and I will go dig them out and let you know what exactly I have. I figure that I can put a full year's worth in a flat rate box and if you want them, then cover the postage only. FYI, I am running very long hours every day, so don't fret if you don't get an answer back within a day.

2. Jun 20, 2015 #2

plncraze

plncraze

plncraze

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

Do you have any from the 1980's?

3. Jun 22, 2015 #3

Rienk

Rienk

Rienk

I kept all of mine for years, but when both Kitplanes and Sport Aviation provided all their back issues as digital PDF's for download, my hard copies went to the recycler (even the libary didn't want them).
    It's great being able to look up any old article on my computer - and printing out what I need on those rare occasions.

4. Jul 1, 2015 #4

cvairwerks

cvairwerks

cvairwerks

Hey guys, I haven't forgotten you . I have sorted one box out and am looking for the other. I've been thru all three warehouses and now have to check the other house. I will be out there looking on Friday and should have something to report back on Saturday night.

5. Jul 1, 2015 #5

Jay Kempf

Jay Kempf

Jay Kempf

Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I think I have every one through the 80s, wasn't it homebuilt aircraft at first back to the late 70s? I probably have most up to the mid 90s and a lot of old RC modelers. Must have 20 feet of magazines that I think I don't want anymore but don't want to burn. Would like them to go to someone?

6. Jul 1, 2015 #6

Hot Wings

Hot Wings

Hot Wings

Didn't they loose a considerable number of the old issues to fire before they started to use digital? If you have a complete set in good shape Kitplanes them selves might be interested so they could restore their collection - similar to what Trade-a-plane did.

7. Jul 1, 2015 #7

plncraze

plncraze

plncraze

Let us know what magazines you have for sale and what you want for them. I am always looking for some old airplane mags. Does anyone have any Sportsman Pilot mags that Jack Cox used to publish?

8. Jul 9, 2015 #8

cvairwerks

cvairwerks

cvairwerks

Hey guys, finally got what I can find sorted and inventoried. One person pm's me at the first and he has choice,so waiting on him to answer. In the meantime, here is the inventory. Understand that I have over a hundred boxes of books and magazines still to go thru, so this may not be the last of them.
    1985 Feb, Dec
    1986 April thru June, Aug thru Dec
    1987 Jan thru Aug and Oct thru Dec
    1988 All
    1989 Jan thr April June thru Nov
    1990 Fe
    1991 Oct
    1992 Mar thru Dec
    1993 Jan thru Oct, Dec
    1994 Jan thru June, Aug thru Dec
    1995 Mar thru Dec
    1996 Jan thru April

You choose the year(s) and you get all for that year, and all I ask for is the required postage for them.

9. Jul 10, 2015 #9

cvairwerks

cvairwerks

cvairwerks

Hey guys, On the last load for today, I ended up with a couple boxes of magazines. When I got home, most were headed to the recycle bin, but there were some EAA and KitPlanes in there. I've pulled those out, but won't have the time to update the list until Sunday afternoon. It's almost a hundred miles between the warehouse and the other house and I need to make two trips tomorrow,

10. Jul 13, 2015 #10

jmt1991

jmt1991

jmt1991

Yes, they did. I was looking for an article about the Inflatoplane by Chuck Berthe, and it was in one of the issues that was lost. Fortunately, Chuck Berthe came through with a copy he had, and his wife contributed a personal story about their children and the Inflatoplane! In this case, that negative became a positive! It would be great if they could build up their digital archives.

11. Jul 19, 2015 #11

cvairwerks

cvairwerks

cvairwerks

Hey guys, was out moving stuff this morning and found another 13 boxes of magazines and books. I could only get 5 of them on the truck, as it was almost full already. I will be back out there on Tuesday and hope that will be the last load with books and magazines. I'll get these and the ones I found last week all sorted and the list caught up as quick as I can.

12. Jul 20, 2015 #12

gearhead

gearhead

gearhead

Early Kitplanes index.

Attached Files:

13. Jul 24, 2015 #13

cvairwerks

cvairwerks

cvairwerks

Ok guys, This looks to be the final list. I think that I have found all of the magazines that are going to go away. Let me know what you want year wise and you get all I have for that year. First contact has first choice and so on til they are gone. I will get them out as quick as I can and by the least expensive shipping method. All I'm looking to recover is the actual shipping expense. PM me with your request and shipping info and I will make it happen as quick as I can. I'd like to get this all wrapped up by the end of next week if possible.

1985 Feb, Dec
    1986 April thru June, Aug thru Dec
    1987 Jan thru Aug and Oct thru Dec
    1988 All
    1989 Jan thr April June thru Nov
    1990 Fe
    1991 Oct
    1992 Mar thru Dec
    1993 Jan thru Oct, Dec
    1994 Jan thru June, Aug thru Dec
    1995 Mar thru Dec
    1996 Jan thru Dec
    1997 Jan thru Mar, May thru Oct
    1998 Jan thru Oct, Dec
    1999 Jan thru Oct
    2000 Feb, Jun thru Aug, Dec
    2001 Feb
    2002 Dec

14. Aug 21, 2015 #14

cvairwerks

cvairwerks

cvairwerks

Last call on the magazines. If there are no more takers by Tuesday morning, when I get home from work, then they are headed to the recycle bin.

15. Aug 22, 2015 #15

Chlomo

Chlomo

Chlomo