New Guy

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

J.L. Frusha

Howdy and welcome. I prefer Brisket, but it sure is getting expensive, these days...

@Victor Bravo Diabetus! New diagnosis for me. Had me in the hospital for a few days. Now I'm Type II with insulin injectors.

jedi

Sahuarita Arizona, Renton Washington, USA
I like the "sea food" diet. I see food. I eat food. What else can you do with it? It is all good food done in moderation. Please leave a little for the birds! Don't be a hog. When pigs fly - never - ain't going to happen.

Well never say never:

1642630638802.png

Pigasus, the flying pig, was used by John Steinbeck throughout his life as a symbol of himself, "earthbound but aspiring." Below is Elaine Steinbeck's explanation of the origins of Steinbeck's trademark symbol: The Pigasus symbol came from my husband's fertile, joyful, and often wild imagination.

Just happens to be a hogornithopter!

Attachments

• 1642630640752.png
    1642630640752.png
    217 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

jedi

Sahuarita Arizona, Renton Washington, USA
Welcome! I like flying, women and beer. Still trying to figure out in which order....

Was that a test?

1. Flying - Always comes first. Airplanes are predictable.
2. Beer - It's relatively cheep.
3. Woman - If it doesn't work out the beer was a good investment.
4. Beer - It makes the woman look a lot better.
5. Another woman - No wait, are you crazy much better to get another airplane.

4 out of five (80%) should be a passing grade but experience (a friends experience not mine) says otherwise.

J.L. Frusha

Was that a test?

1. Flying - Always comes first. Airplanes are predictable.
2. Beer - It's relatively cheep.
3. Woman - If it doesn't work out the beer was a good investment.
4. Beer - It makes the woman look a lot better.
5. Another woman - No wait, are you crazy much better to get another airplane.

4 out of five (80%) should be a passing grade but experience (a friends experience not mine) says otherwise.
Beer is a solution... and that's a scientific fact.

Stolch

Thanks for the welcome. Well, yeah, beer, bbq, flying, and women are all likable too. And hound dogs. Got me three of them. Two Redbones and a Weimeraner-Pit mix. Did someone say brisket? That’s gotta be done on a stick burner. While sippin a beer.

Attachments

• 22493B74-0FD0-4EA6-856E-16607F6DB025.jpeg
    22493B74-0FD0-4EA6-856E-16607F6DB025.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

J.L. Frusha

@Rhino
"No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

I call BS... Trees were slaughtered and cooked in Creosote for the sole purpose of electronic communications...

J.L. Frusha

Name them.
Yellow Pine, for the most part. I grew up with a guy whose family ran a creosote plant, Most folks call then telephone poles, or utility poles. The originals were alongside railroad tracks with telegraph lines. Funny how that works...

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
Stolch can I assume from your screen name that you're interested in the Heintz STOL airplanes? Building one, flying one, scheming on how to get started on one???

And by the way, that brisket in your photo ain't near done. Throw it back on for another day, and I'll be right over....

shutterstock_1531750442.jpg

Last edited:

Stolch

My wife (appropriately named Amelia) and I drug home a Zenith 701 kit in the Spring of 2016 and we spent most every weekend for the subsequent three years building it. Got the Airworthiness cert in the Summer of 2019. Been flying it as much as life and the weather in North Alabama allow, which turns out to be about once every other weekend, since. It seemed quirky at first but now that I’ve got a hundred hours in it I really enjoy it, especially doors off. Hangar it and fly it out of our 1,100 ft. back yard farm strip. Mature trees at both ends. Rotax 912, 80 hp. I’m still working full time so about 50 hours a year is the most flying I can squeeze in. This is one of our Redbones. She knows she’s going to the vet and stayed frozen in that “braced for impact position“ the entire trip.
CFBB65AD-1137-476B-A9D1-F539223793EB.jpeg

Last edited: