New design... the “Eye Roll” One

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

bmcj

HBA Supporter
Another new design that warrants a roll of the eyes... an electric jet that, instead of batteries or fuel cells, uses (drum roll please) skin friction to generate power.

Physics be damned — full speed ahead!

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
It captures engergy from friction between the air and the aircraft skin. Which requires energy to achieve and maintain speed. Does this not then fall into the category of "perpetual motion" machine?

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
It captures engergy from friction between the air and the aircraft skin. Which requires energy to achieve and maintain speed. Does this not then fall into the category of "perpetual motion" machine?
Squarely in the middle of that category.

plncraze

HBA Supporter
Check out BoKu's "handle" or is handle too 70's. We got us a convoy, etc...

dog

Another new design that warrants a roll of the eyes... an electric jet that, instead of batteries or fuel cells, uses (drum roll please) skin friction to generate power.

Physics be damned — full speed ahead!
You have clearly missed one of the most powerfull
forces in the universe,WHILE demonstrating this
intrinsic power,namely that it all comes down to
how you rub things,the right way ,or as the article did to you,the wrong way.

proppastie

Log Member
I decided to look at more of the "Rob Report" where this link took us......very entertaining for a few minutes...I do admit looking at the food made me hungry.

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Check out BoKu's "handle" or is handle too 70's. We got us a convoy, etc...
His moniker is where I found out about this feature. If things get out of hand - blame him. ;) :beer:

Edit: Can't with a good conscience demand truth in advertising form others and not apply the same standard to myself.

Last edited:

Victor Bravo

(from the article in the OP) "While it looks like a jet from the future, the primary difference between Eather One and contemporary hybrid aircraft are the triboelectric nanogenerators in the wings. "

"The Triboelectric Nanogenerators are almost at the Hyperbolic Level Captain... if we go much further we'll reach the Moller point... and after that I canna guarantee she'll survive the disturbance !"

Last edited:

RonL

HBA Supporter
Piezoelectric action will explain the comments about wing bending, most likely.

poormansairforce

It is powered by wing bending. (Really, read the article)
Yeah, I saw that too, but didn’t mention it because that would just make the whole idea seem stupid and unbelievable. 😱 😜
A while back I proposed, as a joke, an airliner that uses passengers jumping up and down in unison to flap the wings. Maybe they could incorporate my 'technology' into this stupid idea and send me a bag of money! 😂 😂

Aerowerx

Not really. At the article it says that it does have some regular batteries to get moving on the ground.

BBerson

HBA Supporter
A while back I proposed, as a joke, an airliner that uses passengers jumping up and down in unison to flap the wings. Maybe they could incorporate my 'technology' into this stupid idea and send me a bag of money! 😂 😂
Did you simulate how that might work on the ground roll for takeoff? :(