• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Model RC aircraft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard6

OK - I have flying a RC electric powered champ with about 20" wing span for several months now. I have noticed that the proper shaft is angled to the right and is somewhat angled down in relationship to the bottom plane of the wings.

I ask the guy at the hobby shop about this, as I thought that maybe I had move the shaft bushings around some with some of my uncontrolled landings. He said no, that is the way they are designed. The prop shaft off to the right so it will fly straight without a lot of trimming.

So now the question, how is the prop shaft in manned planes aligned ?

Richard

Back