• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How to organize all your airplane stuff.....cheaply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekimneirbo

I was looking for something else when I noticed that a lot of the Armoires that were so popular and expensive have gone the
way of the dinosaur with the advent of flat screen tvs. People paid a lot of money for them, in some cases $2,000 or more.
They are still very nice looking pieces of furniture, but the people who own them consider them to be an albatross these days.
Anyway, if you are like me, you have accumulated a fair amount of reference materials on airplanes and/or other interests.
These Armoires can be purchased for really cheap prices. They look much better in an apartment or condo...home and even
a workshop, because when the doors sre closed you don't have the clutter look. They can also be used to store some of your
better tools in the plastic boxes. Old time machinists used to have wooden tool boxes because they didn't attract moisture to
the precision tools inside. There are lots of uses for these discarded cabinets.....pantry, gun case, even add a rack for clothing
if your clost space is limited. Plans and drawings can be stored inside, especially if you find one with drawers. I'm going to take the
latest one and use it to organize projects, so I can locate stuff with less searching. A single project like an airplane can be
divided into different steps, and as you get additional ideas or info or "remember to do that" notes, just stick them on that part
of the projects shelf. These things are well made and quite heavy. I bought 3 of them. Two I bought from different people on
the same day and paid $80 for one and $125 for the other. They told me they had paid $2100 and $1800 for them. The third one
I bought later and since it had drawers, I agreed to pay $150 for it.
Throw away the turntable/riser inside, and for about $50 in materials you can add shelves in whatever configuretion works for
your stuff. It makes the wife happy with all the clutter gone and it makes it much easier to organize your junk. Here is a
current example of a craigslist ad. Armoire

DSCN4464.jpg DSCN4465.jpg DSCN4467.jpg

Last edited:
Back