For Sale Craigslist

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Victor Bravo

Last edited:

choppergirl

Choppergirl's Flying Circus ★★☠★★ AIR-WAR.ORG
I'm wondering if I should buy an already flying plane instead of build one.
An awesome deal has come up on a super special Craigslist one and I'm sorely, sorely tempted.
I got my income tax return today and am looking forward to at least 16 weeks of unemployment insurance, which would totally pay for that flying plane lock stock and barrel.

But I don't even know if I want to fly ultralights any more. I watch old videos I made looking down from way up there and think, how can you not want to fly? It's breathtakingly awesome.
But I'm torn, on the other hand quadcopters fly more like I do, through and around and in and out of obstacles super aggressively with no concern for danger, like a fighter pilot on a meth trip :-/

Airplanes seem such a hassle to set up and break down and maintain and hanger to fly, ugh...
The local EAA vice president told me though today their T-hangers are only $60-80/mo., box hanger $200/mo.

Victor Bravo

ALWAYS start flying first if you have the chance, and you can ALSO build something if you want to build something in addition to flying. This is wisdom based on wins, losses, triumphs and mistakes of mine and a lot of others.

When your building project is done then you can sell the one you bought to fly... it has done its job. If you don't get the building project done as soon as you'd hoped, then you were still flying and having fun and gaining knowledge and experience instead of not flying.

proppastie

Log Member
Time, money, interest.....UL the least time, money, utility, and safety.....If you are out of work, building would be the least money....It is hard to have many interests (including flying) and build too though. Flying is great fun and easier than building. Please get some instruction, we would miss you.

blane.c

HBA Supporter
It's kinda' like drivin' a car or riding a motorcycle or sailing a boat or what have you, do you want to sit in the passenger seat or do you want to drive or ride or feel the power of the wind? I would fly, maybe it is just me.

robertl

As for me, at 73 I decided to stop building the CH-701, put the parts I have built up for sale and put my time and money into flying. I have no regrets about it.
Bob

TerryM76

HBA Supporter
Wow great looking little airplane. Someone grab that... TerryM76?
You have got me figured out pretty well. Hopefully I'll have a cash infusion at end of this week after selling my Apache Junction property......but first we have to replace the glass in the patio door that I managed to shatter today while weed eating.....stinking rock that I never saw was sent into hyperdrive and you know that caused a bit of angst.

I would certainly like to see more pictures of that Cygnet though......but don't want it lounging in the backyard with the Luscombe project and its friend the Sagitta resplendent in its 30' mobile home.

Victor Bravo

The Cygnet looks like it is now or is nearly flyable, no? When exactly would it be anywhere near your backyard?

Also... and you know exactly what I'm trying to do to you ... look at the floor in his shop under the Cygnet. And his toolboxes. And the walls.

Now if you're the kind of guy who can just sit there, with that adorable innocent little airplane staring at you... with those pathetic 5.00 x 5 size tires on it... and not do something about it - well then I'm not sure I can endure any more of this heartless cruelty.

Last edited:
Group Builder