Quantcast

check out this lawn mower engine (kohler engine)

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

oldcrow

check this out 12000 rpm v-twin 120hp scroll down to the video. This motor is for the lawn tractor pulls, so i am sure it is only good for a couple of passes. still impressive

https://mwsc.co/

Aerowerx

check this out 12000 rpm v-twin 120hp scroll down to the video. This motor is for the lawn tractor pulls, so i am sure it is only good for a couple of passes. still impressive

https://mwsc.co/
Do you mean 1200 RPM?

I find it hard to believe that a reciprocating engine could turn at 12,000 RPM. In the video it sounds more like 1200.

cheapracer

Log Member
Do you mean 1200 RPM?

I find it hard to believe that a reciprocating engine could turn at 12,000 RPM. In the video it sounds more like 1200.
Honda CBR250RR 250cc 4 cylinder production road bike redlines at 20,000 rpm and will spin to 21,000.

Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki all have (or did a few years back) production 250cc in the same class and spin to 19,000rpm.

All have 400cc at 16,000 rpm, 600cc at 14,000 rpm, 750cc at 12,000 rpm.

galapoola

Do you mean 1200 RPM?

Formula One has been running in the teens for decades out of necessity. Very small displacement engines need huge RPMs to get the horsepower

TFF

The Hadiesburg, Mississippi airport gets its grass cut for free. Kohler engine factory is across the street. They have a setup to test engines on a rig pulled behind a tractor. Very manicured airport.

BJC

HBA Supporter
The Hadiesburg, Mississippi airport gets its grass cut for free. Kohler engine factory is across the street. They have a setup to test engines on a rig pulled behind a tractor. Very manicured airport.
The privately owned airport where I kept my airplane in NC has a similar arrangement with John Deere.

BJC

BJC

HBA Supporter
Does anyone know the total flight time on the DA 11?

Are there any other than the prototype?

Thanks,

BJC

rtfm

Hi,
Many of the local lawnmower racing guys here use the 670cc Briggs, and rev them routinely to about 5k rpm. I questioned the longevity of these engines, and was repeatedly assured that some of these engines had been racing for their third year now without having been opened up. They say, however, that anything over 7k rpm tends to be a bit unreliable. I am seriously thinking of getting them to work on my big block Briggs - 70hp aught not to be a problem.

pictsidhe

Hi,
Many of the local lawnmower racing guys here use the 670cc Briggs, and rev them routinely to about 5k rpm. I questioned the longevity of these engines, and was repeatedly assured that some of these engines had been racing for their third year now without having been opened up. They say, however, that anything over 7k rpm tends to be a bit unreliable. I am seriously thinking of getting them to work on my big block Briggs - 70hp aught not to be a problem.
Not for racing, but try holding it at 75% power and see how many hours it lasts...

Latest posts