• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Buttercup Modifications

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berridos

Hi everybody

While reviewing the plans for the Buttercup I was surprised that the flapcord is only 12,4% of the total wingcord. Don`t you think increasing the flapcord to 20% while slightly increasing the tail surface would make more sense than installing the drooping leading edge.
Do you have any idea on the proportion of flapcord increase to tailsurface increase?

Is it true that in cruise the Buttercup flys in cruise with reflexed flaps?
How would you fix that design error? If it needs upside deflected flaps in cruise I guess there is a camber excess in the airfoil?

As I am builduing the thing in composites with molds I was playing with the idea of changing the NACA 2412 against a laminar foil.
Could you recommend any database where I could find laminar airfoils with their parameters that could substitute the 2412?
My goal is to keep the stall at around 45mph but really attaining the 130 mph cruise.

Thanks and regards

Back