• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Airship builder in Bristol, Tennessee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK

Hoping to build a workshop this summer, I'm inviting conversation about single-person airships. I like the safety aspect of airships, they come down slowly. Getting one up will be the trick! I think I can build the ship cheaper than an airplane, it's the helium that costs! Once up the ship must pay it's own way through advertising or such. Paying passengers probably not at first, too many regulations. At least in this country...
Also, that extra weight would require a much larger ship, more gas, etc.
The first model went well, I learned a lot about PETG, the plastic I plan to use. I'll try to post a pic of it. PETG is used in tamper-proof packaging, it's virtually rip-proof. It will heat-weld, but I'm actually more interested in lashing the panels together, similar to the ZMC-2 construction. Inside will be mylar cells.
Any input will be appreciated. Mike

Attachments

• IMG_1240.JPG
    IMG_1240.JPG
    818.9 KB · Views: 51
Back