2 cylinder 4 stroke

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Cy V

Power? Weight?

I don't speak German so I can't read the company's website.

BJC

HBA Supporter
I took it to be the asking price for the two engines. 15,470 Euros is about $17,290.

BJC

TiPi

Log Member
The LSA 850 might be a dud, there is no information post 2015, the links on the designer website go to Wikipedia and the article from the areokurier from April 2015. It also doesn’t specify if the listed prices are incl or excl VAT (19%). Zoche all over again?

the only other info that I found is an AOPA article from 2015 (search for “LSA-engines ready to enter light sport market). The links in that article are dead-ends.

Last edited:
Reactions: BJC

TFF

There is a small disconnect on engines like this, Europe to the US.
Europe needs these types of engines if you want to fly. The tax and licensing structure makes these engines necessary in Europe.
They are not necessary in the US. You can buy a safe flying certified airplane all day long for that much in the US. In a big range of performance. Small engines like this are the dream of the very budget fliers but only at the budget price. Top price to this segment is $5000; top. Flying for $5000 total is the goal.
It’s why LSA does not work in the US. People know they can go flying for under $20,000, which is pretty amazing; you are FLYING. Not good enough, show me the option at $5000. Almost like asking to fly for free.

Group Builder