• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Homebuilt airplane project documentation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pilotarix

Hi all,

Looking for a good way to document a project I came across all sorts of solutions. While we probably all agree that good documentation is important for several reasons like final inspection, maintenance, repairman certificate for homebuilt etc, there are many ways to actually do it. From professional webbased solutions to a collection of excel sheets and printed pictures, everything seems to be doable.

The computer program and webbased solutions seem to have some significant downsides, the seller is often also the developer basically a one man show and if this man get into trouble the whole thing seems to be in jeopardy. In addition, it appears that even though there is a decent number of homebuilders it still might not be enough to keep a really good software alive and updated for a long time.

Anyhow, I looked at KitLog Pro which is most appealing and on the market for a pretty long time now but I found that their webpage is very slow responding, actually for some days now. This however could indicate that the company is not in the best shape anymore.

Any infos in that aspect out there?

If it turns out that this is not a good solution anymore, I will probably go to the "excel sheet" or "word document" solution with pictures integrated in the pages, printed via color laser, thin laminated and collected in a binder as well as electronically collected as PDF files. The pictures are going from my camera as well as from the IPhone via WIFI direct on my computer with a backup in the cloud.

Thanks
Chris

Back