• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Alternative Sources of Energy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac790

Thread moved from here. https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/...uneec-electric-aircraft-kcma-2.html#post55375

autoreply said:
Topaz convinced me too about this. Pressurized H2 however does work and is applied in public transportation and some experimental cars. It has none of the problems cryogenic fuel has, except for the daily leakage of a percent or two of the fuel

Yes, it could be compressed too, but you can acumulate more hydrogen in liquefied form, check out this chart.

skroplony wodor-liquefied hydrogen
gazowy wodor-compressed hydrogen
cisnienie-pressure
cisnienie atmosferyczne-atmospheric pressure
gestosc-density

Maybe someone could correct me if I'm wrong, but I've read that 90% of hydrogen in the US is produced from NG (natural gas), there are other methods as well like water hydrolyzing, but with current technology we need theoretically about 30KWh (in reality even more) to produce 1kg of hydrogen. It doesn't sound for me efficient.

Unknown Target said:
bioful from crops (ethanol and the like) is useless; it's a bad decision all around. It takes up food area
Theortically I would agree with you, but my country is third largest producer of canola/rape in Europe, we have enough place for food area, also some areas are so degraded, we can't be use them as a food area, but work fine for canola/rape production, I'm not saying it's the best solution, but I have more beliefs in it, than in electric planes. I just can't see a twin electric engine Cessna, for example.

Seb

Attachments

• chart.JPG
    chart.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 802
Back