• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Zenair and Zenith policy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamac

After a lot of reasearch, I decided to start building the CH701. I've seen the airplane flying, in different stages of construction and decided this will be a great first project. Although I worked on some airplanes as 'the second pair of hands' this would be my first individual project.
Since I have to pay close attention to my time and (as probably most of builders here) finances, I decided to buy the documentation, legalise it in Poland (required by law) where the aircraft will be build and countinue from there buying individual sections of the kit, time and money permitting.

After two weeks with no response to my email, I decided to give Zenith Air a call to get the information and possibly order the documentation. Imagine my suprise, when I was told by a lady who answered the Phone, that I should first consult mr Heinz since 'he might not be ok with selling the documents and manuals to Poland'. I naturally tried reaching him by email and phone, with no luck.

Now, as I understand there have been some attempts to copy the 701's in my country. I'm not sure if either Zenair or Zenith ever tried to find those people and simply sue them. However restricting the option of selling documents to a person just because he is originally from a particular country (inhabited by 40 million people and I don't think all of the, are thiefs) doesn't seem fair.

I'd appreciate if anyone here could shed some light on this matter. Is this their policy or I just got unlucky talking to wrong people? I'd trully like to build the 701 but this thing is really discouriging.

Back