Zambrano Bocono I: Venezuela's first indigenous homebuilt airplane

Discussion in 'Hangar Flying' started by cluttonfred, Oct 18, 2016.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Oct 18, 2016 #1

cluttonfred

cluttonfred

cluttonfred

Here's a new one to me...Venezuela's first indigenous homebuilt aircraft. Note the summary below--1948 VW engine, Allis-Chalmers tractor magneto, silver doped satin fabric, galvanized mild steel tubing and a windscreen made from a Willys Jeep soft top! The result was a sort of low-wing, fully-enclosed Legal Eagle. Bocono II was a helicopter. Neat stuff!

Copia de Cutaway avión Zambrano Bocono  final.jpg Única-y-rara-foto-conocida-del-avión-Boconó-I-construido-por-el-Trujillano-Vicente-Zambrano.-Cer.jpg BoconoI.vlcsnap-2014-01-19-20h42m16s255.jpg

Complete article (in Spanish with many pics and renderings, use Google Translate if needed): http://www.aviacioncivil.com.ve/el-primer-avion-autoctono-de-venezuela-el-bocono-de-vicente-zambrano

Documentary video (also in Spanish, use the settings button in YouTube for auto-translated subtitles if needed)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2019
  2. Oct 18, 2016 #2

lake_harley

lake_harley

lake_harley

I'm surprised you haven't already ruffled Rockiedog2's feathers with that comparison.

Lynn

3. Oct 18, 2016 #3

don january

don january

don january

Wow, What a sight for eye's that don't hurt. I'll be back I need to get a eye drop or two. :gig: