• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

TSA- Totally Stupid A- (Rhymes with "moles")

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voyeurger

I have always maintained that ignorance and power are a dangerous combination in an individual. Possessors inevitably compensate for an overabundance of the former, by the exercise of the latter.
Before my commercial flight out of LAX last Thursday, I threw a small wooden box containing (what I thought were) vintage calipers into my carry-on. Well, wrong box. THIS box had a set of 4 brand new step drills. Well, step drills are identical to "drill bits" in the eyes of the TSA supervisor that shift. Drill bits are forbidden according to TSA. These are not drill bits, says I. They are to me and they cannot go, says he. Can you hold them 5 minutes while I check on a later flight to see if I have time to check them? says I. No, says he. If you proceed into the concourse, these are immediately placed in a lock-box to which we have no access, says he. (yeah, no access till the weekend swap meet).
Since my 4 little solid metal "Christmas trees" could never have been perceived as any sort of threat to the public by any reasonable person, we are left with the conclusion that IF these sad wretches CAN exercise any power, they WILL exercise said power. These people are automatons that, God help us, could never spot a REAL threat to safety that wasn't writ out and part of their training.
And, literally, adding insult to injury, the rat faced cretin would not do me the small courtesy of holding my tiny wooden box for 5 minutes. No apologies, no regrets, no facial expression that might indicate understanding or commiseration. Soulless, mindless, automaton. Supervisor in charge of LAX security at terminal 1 LAX 7/21/11.
TSA
Totally
Stupid
A-Holes, or,

Totally
Senseless
Automatons

TSA:
"Keeping Up the Perception of Safe Skies Through Mindless Routine"

And yeah, I'm STILL pissed.

Back