The big video topic

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Bill-Higdon

Electric Demoichelle....

[video=youtube;pxGJvjGVOao]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxGJvjGVOao[/video]

nothing quite as refreshing as exploding battery packs blown into your face :)

I predict one day the whole fuselage boom tube is going to be your battery...
Maybe a burning battery in your lap :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

Geraldc

Some interesting stuff here. Could suit backlash free controls systems and hinges to help prevent flutter.

Last edited:

BJC

HBA Supporter
That brings back memories. I purchased the last available new core memory module for a Univac machine circa 1972. Needed it to keep the powerplant monitoring machine capable of running (in background) backwater curves for what became Lake Oconee / Wallace Dam. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Oconee

It was a replacement for a module that had become contaminated with coal dust due to the ignorance of an incompetent manager. IIRC, and some of you probably know more about this than I do, so please correct or add to this, it contained 8k of octal words, each with two parity bits. Cost was $27,000, which, adjusted for inflation, would be about $164,000 today.

BJC

bmcj

HBA Supporter
I'm always on the lookout for a bargain basement elusive cheap camera with super good gimbal / image stabilization only found on crazy $$$ high end action cameras... to record super vibration prone in flight videos with someday...

And then I came across this...

That’s hilarious!!!!

choppergirl

Banned
Choppergirl's Flying Circus ★★☠★★ AIR-WAR.ORG
I posted that on April Fools Day, but if it worked, and I could minimize the chicken poop collateral damage to the airport and back, I'd totally use a pet chicken outboard on my plane... maybe a place where the strut meets under the wing in a little cage/harness?

Not a whole lot of control over what the chicken switches up and decides to look at, but that may be part of the fun. Rear action chicken cam facing backwards at the tail might be a really excellent place and keep the wind out of the chicken's eyes.... and I think my plane has spots for two rear facing chickens behind the seat and to the sides of the gas tank. Rearward shots are truly mesmerizing and an onboard chicken controlling and stabilizing them would be effing awesome..... as long as a chicken didn't escape their harness and jump into the prop and I have a chicken incident.

Last edited: