Synergy Aircraft

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Status
Not open for further replies.

clanon

I'll take this...(if you don't mind)

What tests do you believe you'll be ready to begin this summer?
What year do you currently anticipate the first flights to occur?
Can you at least give us that much information?

We'll test Patience this summer (some fishing and hunting too).

Between 2017 and 20xx.
Yup i can give you that info (but then i'd have to kill you).:ban:

cheapracer

Log Member
Good grief. You guys really have nothing better to do?
:computer:

Rather naive comment actually considering the size of the plinth you have built for yourself and how long you have been posting in forums for, but hey, a warm welcome to Social Media anyway if this is the first instance where you have realised how it all works.

:beer:

If you keep writing malicious untrue statements that harm my reputation for making babies cry,
Well luckily only malicious veritably true statements have been written so far, thank goodness for that or else you "might have to .." ..... what?, dig yourself a deeper hole?

Thanks Topaz. The record shows clearly that updates consume minutes to post, then exponentially increasing hours afterward in response. There isn't time to engage followers without creating an unwanted higher profile. .
Then simply choose the 'Member's Projects' sub-forum here that you can post in and no one can reply. Also many forum owners can and will grant you a 'sole thread rights, no reply' thread as well, the problem really lay with ego's that can not bear not answering, and that's what leads to the Forum Ping Pong.

please have them provide their forum postings as proof of their qualifications.
The hypocrisy of your contemptuous comment here is that you have offered big in forums for many years, but still have proved nothing.

FarmBoy

I can understand everyone's frustration, including John's. Having visited his new shop in person just a few months ago, I can see how it difficult it would be to try to formulate "answers" that would satisfy everyone. If you are adventurous enough, he provides a warm welcome to anyone willing to take the time for a visit.

My patience is being tried just as much as the next person (more perhaps sometimes) - many too many Whensday's have come and gone for my liking. But one thing I have learned during my visits with John is that, while he is as flawed as the rest of us, he is as honest as he is patient (and serves as an excellent example to me for both). While there has been much talk of throwing money around, I have seen few examples of judicious use of resources that match Synergy.

What some may see as pedantic, I have seen as alarming brilliance in design and engineering. Though John is not trained as one, as a systems engineer I have seen first hand the design elegance and systems view John has for Synergy. And as he is creating something for powered flight that I hope to one day sit in (along with my family), I am eternally grateful for the design and engineering rigor that is being put into this platform.

I still have high hopes for Synergy and am doing my best to be patient for it's long term success!

skier

I have to admit I checked this thread a few times late last year, wondering if there were be any updates. After Googling and finding very little information I assumed that this project was in the graveyard, along those of thousands of other dreamers. It is good to see this project is still progressing.

I am very skeptical of John's claims, especially since so little real information is published. However, I can't wait to see how the prototypes flies.

Reactions: BJC

BJC

HBA Supporter
Wow this thread is hecking brutal.
To absolutely everyone involved.
Oof.
Lots of emotion involved with the Synergy project, and others, that have made claims of significant increases in performance without an airplane to demonstrate it.

I hope that John is able to complete and fly the Synergy; it has some interesting features that could possibly be beneficial, but I am a "show me" person.

I posted the link in this thread because it certainly seemed to me to be the genesis of the Synergy design.

John, am I correct with that?

BJC

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Wow. The hatred on this thread is epic. Makes me want to shut down my own blog and eliminate my online presence in everything I do. I don't understand the hate here. Am I missing something?

rv6ejguy

Brutal? Not really. It's usually counterproductive to sprout off performance numbers before your revolutionary creation is actually built and flying. I never understand why people feel they must do this. Almost 100% are forced to eat crow in the end. How many similar projects have we seen end up performing no better than designs which have existed for 20 years or more already?

Here's a concept- why not finish it quietly and then post the actual flight test numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Builder