Sun n Fun 2021

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Daleandee

Me and my buds are talking abut going but nothing set in stone ...

Reactions: BJC

gtae07

We were planning to go but needed the days off for other things. We're going to be in Orlando the week after though, and while my wife is busy during the day I think I might go get my glider rating at Seminole Lake...

n45bm

Sun n Fun 2021 is scheduled for April 13 through 18.

Anyone else planning to attend?

Any interest in HBAers getting together for a chat?

BJC
Our group of five has dwindled down to two for the fly-in, and one of those isn't sure at this point. I'm with TXflyGuy about it not being fun at all if you can't see others' faces. Methinks it's all about control and big bucks by a select few.

Bigshu

HBA Supporter
This is a good point. For those who can't/don't want to go to SnF, etc this year AND want them to continue to exist AND who can afford to do it, maybe consider sending a few bucks their way to help tide them over. Obviously, same applies to patronizing local businesses, etc. A lot of places near me have held out, but are now out of resources and boarding up the store just as we are finally (IMO) about to emerge from this tunnel.
Just a thought. In person attendance is better for the sponsoring organization and all the vendors, but if you can't go, you can still help keep the option alive for later.
I got a chance to chat with Mr. Becker at the Zenith shindig, and he was there on his own time to have an EAA presence there. Super nice guy.

n6233u

HBA Supporter
My business has kept me away from SNF for the last 9 years, but when I figured out I could go this year it didn't take me long to decide to go. My wife was excited to go anywhere even if it involved airplanes/masks/etc. so she is tagging along.

BJC

HBA Supporter
I have missed 2 Sun n Fun airshows since 1975. I will be there with my mask on.
Me too. Missed 2009, because I was moving my workshop and accumulated valuable stuff into my retirement hangar, just 70 miles from Lakeland. I thought about going, just to maintain my 100% attendance record, but decided that I would rather get moved in.

Missed 2019 because of health issues.

BJC

robertl

Our group of five has dwindled down to two for the fly-in, and one of those isn't sure at this point. I'm with TXflyGuy about it not being fun at all if you can't see others' faces. Methinks it's all about control and big bucks by a select few.
Methinks it's all about control and big bucks by a select few.
Seems like I've seen something simillay in WW II movies, loud speakers telling you where to go and what to do. I've already had the China virus and I'm not afraid to be at such an event. If I go, I will mostly be outside anyway just looking.
Bob

surfer532003

I rarely go in the hangars anymore. I really don't need the stuff they are trying to sell. I spend most of my time on the flight line looking at planes and talking to old friends I have met over the years and the outdoor vendors are the people I make purchases from.

Daleandee

Methinks it's all about control and big bucks by a select few.
<snip> If I go, I will mostly be outside anyway just looking.
I'm not quite where you are with the thinking but I'm struggling with going considering all the mandates in place now.

I recently visited a school to do a kitchen inspection. At the front office they do a temp check and have you fill out a form with Covid questions on it. (FWIW - This procedure is repeated by the kitchen staff). Of course if any answer is "yes" you cannot enter the building.

Well imagine the look I got when I told the lady that there were two questions I had to answer "Yes" to. She asked "which ones?' I said the one that ask if I ever experience shortness of breath and the one about body aches. "Come on man! Here's the deal!" I'm nearly 64 years young; of course I have shortness of breath and body aches!

She laughed and said, "just sign the thing and get in here!" 😷