Sun n Fun 2021

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

TXFlyGuy

You all are welcome to come to The Lone Star State! The Governor has lifted the m@$k mandate. Um...that's a 4 letter word that got me censored, so I must use extreme caution here. Just Like Google & YouTube and FakeBook.

Texas is 100% open for business effective a week from today! Freedom!!!

Maybe Florida will follow Texas example, and completely open up for Sun 'n Fun?

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Do you mean that I can's say that I wear a mask when I fly ? I have an air filter for the engine, what about me ?

cblink.007

I just read that AFSOC will be featured this year at OSH and at least one CV will be there.
We saw that! It would be awesome to show people what a developmental test Osprey looks like...with all the instrumentation, extra screens, cameras and orange wiring and prototype orange shapes all throughout. Hopefully the management gives a thumbs up!

cblink.007

Saw a sure sign this morning that things are getting back to normal in Florida; at least 22 contrails were visible as I drove out.

BJC
If it counts, Maryland is kind of back to normal; I was able to knock on the door of the State House in Annapolis without getting tackled this time 😂🤣

Yellowhammer

HBA Supporter
Born In Alabama, reside: Louisiana (unfortunately)
I am trying to convince my employer to let me bring my work toy down there for the event:

View attachment 108050

How does that work? I know that sometimes pilot get an airshow display assignment. Could you actually bring to display at sun and fun or do they have a demonstration team for such things?

BJC

HBA Supporter
At Sun n Fun over 10 years ago, was admiring an award winning Hatz built by a member of my old chapter in Georgia. A young guy walked up. He and the Hatz guy obviously were friends. After chatting for a few minutes, he turned to leave. Hatz guy said, “Are you going to have a plane at xyz fly-in next month?”

Young guy responded, “Yes, but I don’t know which one. They want me to take the 16, but I’m thinking about taking the 15.”

Yup, air force pilot assigned to display the F-15 and -16 at civilian airshows. I suppose that someone has to do it.

BJC

cblink.007

How does that work? I know that sometimes pilot get an airshow display assignment. Could you actually bring to display at sun and fun or do they have a demonstration team for such things?
We submitted a request to attend the show through customer and company channels... we are still awaiting approval.

Yellowhammer

HBA Supporter
Born In Alabama, reside: Louisiana (unfortunately)
We submitted a request to attend the show through customer and company channels... we are still awaiting approval.

Hope it works out for sure.
I wish I could attend but with a Master Bath remodel I am doing myself and work it is a no go this year but next year is a different story all together . Will be there come hell or high water.

Thanks for the reply!

Yellowhammer

Daleandee

It now appears that I will arrive there on Thursday morning and depart Saturday afternoon. I was pretty hesitant but my hangar buds insisted ...

n45bm

Saw a sure sign this morning that things are getting back to normal in Florida; at least 22 contrails were visible as I drove out.

BJC
Were they UFO's flying in formation burning rubber ... er I mean leaving contrails?

cblink.007

Hope it works out for sure.
I wish I could attend but with a Master Bath remodel I am doing myself and work it is a no go this year but next year is a different story all together . Will be there come hell or high water.

Thanks for the reply!

Yellowhammer
Due to higher priorities and aircraft availability, we won't be able to bring an MV-22B test bird to SnF. We will be doing some envelope expansion testing during that timeframe.

This said, I am hearing the Air Force chaps might bring a CV-22B to show off!

Daleandee

It now appears that I will arrive there on Thursday morning and depart Saturday afternoon. I was pretty hesitant but my hangar buds insisted ...
The good news up date is that it now appears that I may be arriving at SnF with a friend in his Rockwell Commander. That is, if the Good Lord and the weather permit ...

BJC

HBA Supporter
Headed down tomorrow am. We have had lots of rainfall the past 24 hours; hope that the mud bog entrance to the parking lot will be dry by the time we get there.

If anyone is interested in meeting up, I will be at the OX 5 clubhouse early each morning, through Saturday. Come on in and say hello. Will be by the beer bar in the food pavilion after the airshow.

BJC

davidb

I’ve been at Tavares this weekend but the rain and wind put a damper on seaplane activity. I’ll be at Sun N Fun Tuesday and Wednesday.

Reactions: BJC

GeeZee

HBA Supporter
I have a request for anyone going to SnF.
Did Kolb show up?
if they did can you find out when (if?) they are going to resume kit production?
If kit production is to resume what is the lead time to get a Firefly.
Thanks!
Edit: Nevermind, got my answer here

I’m not going to wait 2 years on a kit. Kolb can’t get people to work. It’s a common problem. I was at the local “Metals Superstore“ and they were complaining about their guys not coming back. Seems that they are making as much or more from unemployment benefits.

Last edited: