Quantcast

Steve Wolf Samson

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Autodidact

Wow, I couldn't tell from the photo - it looked like a full size Samson to me - and I was going to ask if he was still working on the Samson Mite! But that IS the Samson Mite, very cool.

N8053H

That is SWEET..It does need a ring I agree with Little Scrapper. I thought he just left it off to test run it and fly it for the first time. If he flies this to Oshkosh I believe we are looking at an award winner right there. I would love to see this in person. I wish I had just a small portion of those building skills.

Thanks for sharing. Very Awesome.

Tony

BJC

HBA Supporter
He really did a nice job. It needs a ring though.
It looks good in the air, and sounds even better.

Steve said that he likes the looks with the little radial out in the open, but eventually will build a ring.

Samson had a 450 P&W; Samson Mite has a 150 Rotec.

Samson Mite is a 0.7 scale Samson.

BJC

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
In your phone just crop it a little and it will upload straight. Thanks for the photo by the way.
20170409_072655.jpg

Reactions: BJC

BJC

HBA Supporter
Recall that Steve had a Rotec on the Samson Mite until the reduction gear failed. The Verner that replaced it has more HP plus a cowling but still came out lighter. Current empty weight is 700 pounds. With the light weight and a 23012 airfoil, it gets off very quickly, and has an impressive climb.

BJC

BJC

HBA Supporter
Steve and Samson Mite will be at the Verner booth at Sun n Fun. Stop by, meet Scaledbirdscott, Steve, and check out a really nice new airplane. FYI, Samson Mite has new (different) propeller that lets the engine rev higher. Top speed has incresed by 10 MPH.

BJC

Cy V

Recall that Steve had a Rotec on the Samson Mite until the reduction gear failed. The Verner that replaced it has more HP plus a cowling but still came out lighter. Current empty weight is 700 pounds. With the light weight and a 23012 airfoil, it gets off very quickly, and has an impressive climb.
The Rotec isn't rated for aerobatics though, right? Is the Verner?

Latest posts