Saberwing Updates from Azalea Aviation

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Bill Clapp

It has been a very busy year with much happening in Azalea Aviation world. Between the shows, flying, building planes, builder support and such...it is tough to get time to make website updates and let all you good folk know what is going on. To date... Five Saberwing aircraft have been signed off and four are currently flying. A couple are in the test phase. Our new Tricycle Gear version (LSA Prototype as well) is up and flying and we are learning more about nose gears than I would like.... The first Prototype with the 120 Turbo has exceeded 500 hours of flight time. Lately I have been able to fly that bird as much as I would like. We are currently building the Motorglider and XF versions of the Saberwing and hope to finish this year. The twin is coming under way in R&D and test fitting slowly. We do plan on being at Sun n Fun this year at booth N57-58. There should be a Saberwing at the booth and one or two on the flight line as well. Our builder Assist Center had alread had a could builders start building but we do have room for more! Check out our Facebook and Website for updates. Facebook will allow you to see more pictures and daily goings on. Don't Forget that the SPYDER ENGINE WORKSHOP is being held this March 12-14....only $100 to attend and learn a lot about our Corvair conversions. Cheers!
Bill

BJC

HBA Supporter
Bill:

I’m looking forward to seeing you and Kyoung at Sun n Fun. Glad that things are good at Azalea.

BJC

Last edited:

proppastie

Log Member
Wow...stayed there at the FBO at least twice do they still have the rooms upsairs?
Beautiful design.....is attachment of IFB to crank a secret? If not how is it done.

don january

Log Member
Bill good to hear from you. So those pesty nose gear are giving a bit of headache are they :) Glad all is well

xwing

Mighta noticed this bird prior, but really jumped out at me recently when i was looking over yearly gathering pix of the kr folks, very nice!!

Bill C also stands out with the kr folks for anyone who has followed krs

Bill Clapp

Wow...stayed there at the FBO at least twice do they still have the rooms upsairs?
Beautiful design.....is attachment of IFB to crank a secret? If not how is it done.
Front hub and gear are interference fit to the crankshaft using heat and chilling crank.
What is the XF you are working on? Where can we find more info on the motor glider?

BillDavis

Interested to hear more on the “twin”. Is this going to be a 4 seat aircraft? Any details/pictures you could share? Assuming it will be designed around 2 corvair engines?

thanks
Bill

Group Builder