Roll Call

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Jman

Site Developer
Roll Call - Let's see who's out there

Hey there,

I thought it might be fun to have a mass check-in just to see who's out there and listening. Active posters as well as first time posters are invited to say hello. If you want to say a bit about yourself great, if not, just a quick post to let the rest of us know you're listening would be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Midniteoyl

Here!

Just an Express hopefull - waiting to finish up the lessons, get my ticket, build the plane and FLY! Was outta commission since '97 due to health, and only had 10 hours in when I had to stop.. :wail:

But I'm here! :ban:

edit:stoopid kybd cant spell

Last edited:

StRaNgEdAyS

SD present and accounted for SIR!:gig:

Just plugging away at my jet design and making preparations to build a KR2S. :ban: (I've already started working on some alterations... :whistle: )

Marilyn

Here sir!

Rosie the rivet... er, welder checking in on a cloudy stormy holiday Sunday in North Cackalacky. I'm supposed to be painting the house, but I can't do that with all the rain. Gee, I think I'm going to have to work on my airplane instead.

wally

Pitts S-1

Trying to finish this old Pitts project near Memphis. Just starting to paint the thing a basic white that will make it flyable. Other colors and trim will happen later. I will be assembling the pieces and weighing it soon so I can see how far in front to put the engine.

Wally

Boeinguy

I'm here, not posting much; mostly reading. Thinking about building a Hatz Classic or a Bakeng Deuce. Right now, building a wooden swingset from plans for the kids. Next I have to add eight feet to my screened in porch. If I can do those, maybe I'll try a plane. I've also built a balsa model plane (just have to cover it yet).

Craig

Doings

The Bakeng Duce is coming along. I have installed the wings, flaps, and ailerons, and am working on all the little things, like the baffles, cowls, passenger door, and getting all the cables correctly tensioned.

With the airplane at the EAA hanger at the airport, I keep running into little problems, like people messing with things. Sometimes, it takes me an hour of valuable work time to undo stuff done by others, despite a large "Please Do Not Touch" sign. I had the ailerons correctly positioned, but cables not tightened - came in and found that someone had decided to play with the controls.

The engine runs good with the Aerocarb - lots of power. For some reason, I have to hold a lot of left rudder while taxiing - probably a misalignment in either the tailwheel or one of the mains, although I did correct for parallel and toe-in.

I'll be plugging along, and surprise ya'll sometime soon with a "first flight" report.

Rocketman

Still building

Work is going well on the Europa. Maybe another year to first flight. Pilot ticket is in the pocket and keeping current so's I can do the test flight when time comes... :rolleyes:

Dieselfume

Well, I'm new here. I'm a university student pursuing a BS in ME (Mechanical Engineering), one more year to go. Haven't started on getting my pilots license yet... I'm poor :rolleyes:

My current project is my car (81 Buick Regal diesel) but my other project is designing a 1/2 scale PBY-6A, made of composite materials. It will have many refinements, it won't be a carbon copy of the original. Now that summer break is here I've been doing a lot of reading and surfing on the subject. Hopefully I'll get off my butt and update my webpage soon... (dieselfume.com)

Maybe I'll see some of you at Arlington!

Bob Olds

I'm still here too. Having a little problem working on getting my medical renewed.
Working on annual condition inspection on the RV-4.
Insulating the workshop roof with styrofoam sheets( 22' up on a scaffold).
Glad to see all present and doing SOMETHING !!
Jman ; C'mon back home !!

pylon500

Yay, it's one of the other Aussies.
haven't been on for a bit, as I'm trying to force myself to stay in the shed and keep sanding, sanding, sanding, sanding, sanding, sanding, sanding, sanding, sanding, sanding, sanding, sanding, sanding, (god, will this ever end :wail: )sanding, sanding, sanding....
The worst part is that if I was to post a photo of the work so far, it wouldn't look any different to my first shots. :confused: :mad:
Maybe when I get the spray filler on it'll look better.
Arthur.

Chuckster

New Guy in the Sky

Hello, I'm the new guy next to the dream clouds! I am looking seriously at the Baselee Airdrome Airplanes line of homebuilts and thinking of the Eindecker as a first project. Any comments?????