Roll Call

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

N

Need-to-build

Making plans on starting on my Champion V this fall. Living in a apartment kinda of hold you back some, but I'm looking into ways of building parts while living here. That's the advantage to a wood airplane you can build small parts and store them under the bed! Before I start, I need to finish my last two classes for my degree. No fun until then!

ericlund

Eric in Anaheim. Haven't flown in 12 years, but I'm starting to get the bug again. When I hit the lottery...maybe.

Anyway, I have a little over 5000 hours, mostly in USAF C-141A/Bs. Got out in 92 and have been writing software since.

Captain_John

I am present and proud to report that my RV-7 project is now UNDERWAY!

Some early tubulence has given way to clear skies and smooth air!

I will post pictures as I progress! Commentary, heckling and input welcomed!

:ban: CJ

Cubane

New member here from Canberra in Australia. I have been thinking about getting my Ultralight Pilot Licence here and didn't even know you could build your own plane up until a month ago. Now I am thinking of building a Hummelbird. Taking my pilot lessons at the same time should help keep the interest up in the project but take $$ away from the plane fund :(

I did a introductory lesson and first hour of flight about 15 years ago but lacked the funds to keep it going so the ultralight option is looking pretty good right now.

paulb281

Still here as well, although not as often. I miss the Bakeng Duce I sold a year ago but sure enjoy the Ryan PT-22 I have now.

Leighton

hey all,
im an Aircraft Technician currently serving with the Royal New Zealand Air Force, have a small amount of flying hours up in both fixed wing and helicopters.
at present im working my way through my Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Licence, and hope to get a PPL crankin' in the next year or so.
Dont have any aviation projects on at the moment, but keep coming up with designs for helicopters components, so thats probably the direction i will lean to in the coming years if my lady lets me have a big enough shed.

i am quite intriuged by this little hobby you guys have going here, and regularly lurk at this site to see whats what. find myself getting more and more interested with homebuilt slabwings. scary stuff!

Leighton out.

Othman

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member from Canada. I'm a mechanical/aerospace engineer... by day I work in aircraft accident investigation - flight recorders group, by night I work on my own business of design mods for a few clients I have (at least when my wife isn't keeping me busy with other stuff).

So far I am pleased with this forum, and I see it as a good source od information from an experienced groupo. I am excited to contribute what ever I can to help out.

Falco Rob

Checking In

FR still here and covered in spruce dust.

Actually busy fabricating rudder pedals, etc. at the moment so am now covered in burns to various extremities. :wail:

It's amazing how your brain says "Don't pick up that piece you've just welded" but you go ahead and do it anyway. :confused:

Something like just having to touch wet paint to see if it really is . . wet, that is. :gig:

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Hey, I am here, mostly reading, and making test parts for my gullwing doors in fiberglass. If they don't turn out (UNI glass can be messy and hard to work with in fractional widths) I will bite the bullet ($600+) and go to unidirectional carbon fabric.

Billski

Daleandee

Wow! 14 years ago Jake put this thread up. I was reading it and only seen a few familiar names. Perhaps it's time again to do a Roll Call and see who's out there and tuning in even if you're just lurking.

So as before ... please just pop up a note to say hello and tell a bit about what you're up to if you'd like ...

Dale
N319WF

PS: Currently doing the annual condition inspection on my Cleanex (Corvair powered Sonex).

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
All my personalities are present and accounted for. :gig:

Still working away with pencil, paper, and Excel. It'll fly someday...

Victor Bravo

What surprised me reading this thread for the first time (it started before I got here) is that the majority of the early posters in the thread are not active these days. Perhaps one of the mods or whoever can contact these people and see if they are still interested in homebuilding, and if there is a specific reason they are either not active or lurking silently.

Chris In Marshfield

Log Member
First time responding to roll call, long time listener. The Expedition project hiatus is drawing to a close, and should have the shop in a condition to work again soon. I bought an airplane to fly, so that’s a distraction to building. Hoping to finish up my float rating soon. Another distraction to building. But who wouldn’t rather be flying really?

don january

Log Member
Re: Roll Call - Let's see who's out there

I don't lurk I participate and enjoy most every moment. seen many members come and sadly a few go. Semper Fi. Don J Aug. 2018