• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Pterodactyl Ascender x2 Plus Parts in Charleston, SC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kopanskin

Good day,

I have come to the realization that I need to sell these to get more funds for my other project. No use in having so many aircraft, especially when I'm tied down with other priorities and funds are holding me back.

I have (2) pterodactyl Ascenders.
I have not flown either one of them, nor tried to test anything on them. I did manage to get a look at the sail on both.

The already built Ascender:

Has Engine, Prop, Tank, and everything needed. Sail looks good but needs a few small repairs. Rudders are good. Look at the pics. Nothing major. Seat is good too. There is a parachute attached to the aircraft as well. Not sure what kind or even condition, but it goes with the plane. I had a post going to try and figure out what kind it was and nobody could really tell. The engine spins freely and has compression. Was told that this plane was flown a few years back. No paperwork with it. I ultimately wanted to keep this one because of the portability of this one (includes trailer too). I have an electronic copy of the assembly manual.

The Un-assembled Ascender:
I am still unsure if this one is complete, but from what I can see is that it has everything needed. You can come check it out and do an inventory if you would like.
There are (2) engines with this one, both look to be Cuyona ones (will post pictures soon). One engine, I was told, works fine and was recently bench tested. The other engine has the piston cover removed to expose the piston 1 of 2, and there is a hot spot on it. There is a prop and drive unit not in the pictures, the prop is non usable (chunk missing). Has one rudder.
The wings for this one need a new sail (the sail installed has some tears and patches that were not done correctly, or were just older repairs. The tubing is good though.
There IS AN EXTRA sail also in the deal. This sail looks to be in good condition! The canard is also included (one small hole needs fixed in covering). There are probably some extra parts included as I have some items that have like 3-4 spares (sections of tubing). Both wings have their environment cover too.

I will let it all go for $3500,
or
The built Pterodactyl Ascender for $2800, with trailer.
or
The unnassembled one for $1100, which includes (2) engines and extra sail.
or
Possible trades :)
or
You can do some work for me on my EAA Biplane in exchange, please someone who has experience.

I am located in Goose Creek, SC.... just north of Charleston.
Thanks!

assembled.jpgwing.jpgwithtrailor.jpg0822161905.jpg0822161905a.jpg0823161839.jpg0823161839a.jpgengine.jpgmotor.jpg

Back