Oshkosh 2021

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Bigshu

HBA Supporter
Does anyone know if the residence hall rooms without air conditioning have a window that can be opened?

TFF

Before the AC, you could have made a killing on fan rental. Windows open, cool air outside, and so stagnant that not one bit would waft in. No room for a fan in the plane baggage. That was the last time I was in the dorms. I think the next year was the first that had AC option.

Bigshu

HBA Supporter
Before the AC, you could have made a killing on fan rental. Windows open, cool air outside, and so stagnant that not one bit would waft in. No room for a fan in the plane baggage. That was the last time I was in the dorms. I think the next year was the first that had AC option.
I actually have a small portable rolling AC unit that I use when working in areas that are enclosed. The window is key for getting rid of the hot exhaust air. I put in my application for a dorm room, and we'll see how it goes. I'm not a great hot weather guy!

PMD

Will be there Tuesday and Wednesday this year. Driving in from Waupaca, just hope we can get parked and through the gates by 07:30.

TFF

A hot day at Oshkosh is like air conditioning down in the South.

No room during the times I went and stayed in the dorm. I got two bags , owner of the plane had two. I started driving and tent camping after that because his tent was in my seat in his plane. You can only carry so much in a two seat plane. Four hours was a nice ride; eleven by car.

Bigshu

HBA Supporter
Reservation confirmed! Now to solidify my plans for what to focus on at the show. Any must see speakers/forums announced yet?

robertl

A hot day at Oshkosh is like air conditioning down in the South.

No room during the times I went and stayed in the dorm. I got two bags , owner of the plane had two. I started driving and tent camping after that because his tent was in my seat in his plane. You can only carry so much in a two seat plane. Four hours was a nice ride; eleven by car.
I'm from South Carolina and in 2011 got sun poisoning at A/V, go figure. Also, on the point of a two seat airplane, we are planning on flying the Cessna 150 to A/V, a 9 + hr trip. I'm trying to get the weight figured out with tents and such. One tent weighs 3.6 lbs, and one is 9 lbs and that's not acceptable so I'm looking for another light weight tent and I don't want to spend $200 on a backpacking tent. It's going to be slim pickins for baggage !
Bob

TFF

Exposure sucks, you do have to take care of yourself out there. I know I can’t carry enough water. Best tent is the easiest to put up that is cheap.

dwalker

I am driving up from TN and bringing my son with me, as of now we are camping, planning on being in a tent but might throw an "overlander" rig on the truck. I will not get there until probably Monday AM, so I am hoping a decent campsite will be left.

Bigshu

HBA Supporter
If you never have seen Wittman Field other than during AirVenture, you might enjoy this video. Scroll down once at this site, taken from a post by Pago Bay Wittman. Field. - KITPLANES

PS Our coffee spot is Homebuilt Headquarters, shown in the 7th photo down.

BJC
Thanks for posting that. Even though it was published last September, I left a comment on the site about how much I enjoyed reading it, and the place homebuilt airplanes occupies in my life.