Oshkosh 2021

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

geosnooker2000

A hot day at Oshkosh is like air conditioning down in the South.

No room during the times I went and stayed in the dorm. I got two bags , owner of the plane had two. I started driving and tent camping after that because his tent was in my seat in his plane. You can only carry so much in a two seat plane. Four hours was a nice ride; eleven by car.
My wife and I are driving up in a cage Wednesday night as soon as she gets off work. Hope to see you there. Spending the night near the Wisconsin border. Gonna get up early Thursday, drive in to Scholler, not even put up the tent until after we tour the grounds for the day! This will be our first time.

geosnooker2000

Just got our packet in the mail from AirVenture. Tell me, those of you that have gotten yours, what does the Scholler camping pass look like?

Bigshu

Just got our packet in the mail from AirVenture. Tell me, those of you that have gotten yours, what does the Scholler camping pass look like?
I don't have a campground pass, but the parking pass and ticket is a lot different than I'm used to. Just little cardboard slips...

dwalker

I don't have a campground pass, but the parking pass and ticket is a lot different than I'm used to. Just little cardboard slips...
I got the Tickets- actually e-tickets I had to print off- and T-shirt for my kid I ordered, but I do not think I have a parking pass? I feel like I might need to call in and see if everything I was supposed to get was actually sent. I also did not get the t-shirt I ordered for myself, just a notation on the packing slip they were out of stock.

TFF

I always bought at the grounds. Camping has something for tent and something for car. Usually Green heavy paper I think. One is the recipient if due a refund of days not camped. The car one has double sided tape. DONT stick it on the windshield, just throw it up on the dash. The tape will hold a 10G wing wing on.

robertl

For the newer members here:

HBAers meet at Homebuilt Headquarters (HBHQ, it is on the site map) each morning at Oshkosh. Mark Z volunteers there, and provides coffee for us. I’m usually there from Monday through Saturday, arriving between 0730 and 0745. Look for a small brown place card, labeled “HBA.com” on one of our tables. Join us; you know that you want to see the faces that belong to our surly posts here.

BJC
Am I correct that HBA is North of the Brown Arch on Wittman Rd.? We were initially going to fly our 1966 Cessna 150 and park in Vintage but now one of our friends says he wants to go and we can fly his 1972 Cessna 172 so I guess we will be parking in GAC. We won't arrive until Monday, the 26th, weather permitting, so not sure where we will be parked but I'm going to try to meet for coffee.
Bob

BJC

HBA Supporter
As bad as I hate to admit, I’ve pulled the plug on my Airventure this year. I’ll be back!
Darn. I hope that everything is OK.

My friend from NC, Jordan, who moved to the plantation last year, left here this morning in the really nice J-3 that he just purchased. He said that he knows of you, but that you haven’t met.

BJC

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
HBA Supporter
No details. Keep in mind the Surefly was scheduled to fly in the Tuesday air show in 2019 and didn't , because of "wind". And wasn't rescheduled.

Chris In Marshfield

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Looks like an event ticket. You have to take it to camping registration and exchange it for credentials. Kind of a miss if you ask me. I thought this was supposed to save you from waiting in line and remain socially distant. It totally performs the opposite.

1626490098332.jpeg

Bigshu

Looks like an event ticket. You have to take it to camping registration and exchange it for credentials. Kind of a miss if you ask me. I thought this was supposed to save you from waiting in line and remain socially distant. It totally performs the opposite.

View attachment 113165
I didn't do camping, but my tickets and parking passes look like this. Only one wrist band for the whole week too.

dwalker

I didn't do camping, but my tickets and parking passes look like this. Only one wrist band for the whole week too.
Yes apparently when I get there I have to exchange the printed etix for a wristband, which I am not really happy about. I would have much preferred just a mailed wristband and done.

BJC

HBA Supporter
I'm packing for Oshkosh, and thought I would mention a favorite item.

Carry a couple of microfiber rags in a zip lock bag in your backpack. At some point during one of the days that it doesn't rain, you will want to wipe the sweat and grime off your face and neck before having a beer / meal / settle down in camp until the shower lines are less than 100 people. Wet the rag, and wipe your face and neck, and feel refreshed.

That evening, rinse the rag and hang it up to dry. Put the second (dry) rag in your pack.

Simple, but effective.

BJC