Oshkosh 2021

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

BJC

HBA Supporter
For the newer members here:

HBAers meet at Homebuilt Headquarters (HBHQ, it is on the site map) each morning at Oshkosh. Mark Z volunteers there, and provides coffee for us. I’m usually there from Monday through Saturday, arriving between 0730 and 0745. Look for a small brown place card, labeled “HBA.com” on one of our tables. Join us; you know that you want to see the faces that belong to our surly posts here.

BJC

Bigshu

For the newer members here:

HBAers meet at Homebuilt Headquarters (HBHQ, it is on the site map) each morning at Oshkosh. Mark Z volunteers there, and provides coffee for us. I’m usually there from Monday through Saturday, arriving between 0730 and 0745. Look for a small brown place card, labeled “HBA.com” on one of our tables. Join us; you know that you want to see the faces that belong to our surly posts here.

BJC
This is great news. I look forward to meeting the gang!

Wayne

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Hi Folks!
Emily V and I will be presenting in the Blue Barn on Wednesday at noon on "Proven Strategies to drive Youth Engagement in your Chapter". This will be our third year. It would be wonderful to meet any of you that care to join - I'm sure your insight will be most valuable. For those newer members on HBA - I have been mentoring Em for 6 years now and she has come incredibly far given her humble beginnings - and we will share her journey - it is awe inspiring.

Em just turned 16 and runs the Future Aviators Association (FAA 😂) Club at 1C5 and will have the major role in the presentation.

On a quick aside, and Pops (as will you other ancient ones 😂) will appreciate this one, I taught her to drive from scratch in my Hyundai Elantra Manual Transmission Sports Car. She passed with flying colors and was the first female the examiner had ever had in a stick shift. Sad days. We had a huge panic because she only had 2 hours in her Mom's Toyota Minivan and for a while we were scared I could not make the testing center in my car. She would have failed in a 7 seat automatic 😂

Her success has nothing to do with me - nor does the 4.0 GPA she just pulled in, from failing Middle School just a few short years ago.

Come see her present - it will be worth your time.

Wayne

Mark Z

This! My friend Tom Wood was buried two weeks ago. I was privileged to speak at the internment. I’d like to send this picture to his son. I’ll share pictures on a separate thread. Thanks for sharing!

BJC

HBA Supporter
Anybody else ready for some coffee?
View attachment 111230
The usual HBA gathering spot is among the picnic tables to the left in the photo above. I usually arrive between 0730 and 0800.

The free donuts on Wednesday draw a crowd, but some of us will be there anyway.

The MM remains one of the best looking E-AB of all time.

BJC

Bigshu

Where would you propose, Bill? I’m usually at a favorite diner or restaurant having a beer at that time.

BJC
That would be fun, kind of like the Dyke Delta group having their get together offsite every year.

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
HBA Supporter
Where would you propose, Bill? I’m usually at a favorite diner or restaurant having a beer at that time.

BJC
The same Homebuilt Welcome Center on the flight line. Could be 6-7pm. It would only be for those that stay on the field.

TFF

It’s one of the strange things about Oshkosh, sidewalks roll up at 8. Perkins is the only thing that is open late that I know of.