Oshkosh 2021

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Perkins is the only thing that is open late that I know of.
Three words:

Sierra
Oscar
Sierra

(If you’re into that kind of thing. For me, it’s too busy at night, and they usually just keep me up when staying at Scholler.)

TFF

Well, yes there is that. Not my thing either. I either am too tired to leave the tent, or I need someplace that is not a challenge so I can make it back.

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
HBA Supporter
How about Wednesday night at 8pm to watch the air show from the Homebuilt center ?
I couldn't find the exact time, But I think it starts at 8.
The Fun Fly zone night shows are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 8pm.

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
HBA Supporter
It’s one of the strange things about Oshkosh, sidewalks roll up at 8. Perkins is the only thing that is open late that I know of.
I just checked. All, or almost all the concessions on the grounds are open till 9pm (some 10pm).

TFF

Thanks for checking.
It’s more of a social commentary on my part. You know I haven’t gone hungry. When camping by myself, I never leave the grounds unless I really need to. With friends who want to dine, I’m scared they will say let’s drive until we see something. I don’t want to end up in Madison.
im actually good with it, but it can be a surprise for people use to everything 24 hours or at least midnight closing time.

Bigshu

HBA Supporter
Has everyone secured their camping spots yet, or other accommodations? Any groups rent out a house and split it? What's the consensus on a meetup besides coffee in the AM?

TFF

Staying at the college is definitely the most mess free way to go. They have the cafeteria too, everyday is a bus ride away.

I have been tent camping or pop up the last four times. You have to be making plans. It can be a fight to find spots late. Not impossible though.

Mark Z

I’ve been staying at Gruenhagen also. I’m surprised we haven’t bumped into one another. I’ll be there again this year. We’ll go up Wednesday before the show and come home Thursday after the volunteer pictures are taken.

BJC

HBA Supporter
I’ve been staying at Gruenhagen also. I’m surprised we haven’t bumped into one another. I’ll be there again this year. We’ll go up Wednesday before the show and come home Thursday after the volunteer pictures are taken.
I’ve stayed in Taylor the past 10 - 15 years. Moved there for the air conditioning that Gruenhagen lacked at the time.

BJC

Bigshu

HBA Supporter

BJC

HBA Supporter
Do most people stay for the whole show?
I go to the airport on Sunday (the day before the official start) and go every day through Saturday noon. Sunday is airshow day for the general public; I don’t watch the airshows. Also: I don’t try to do/see everything. But I have been going to Oshkosh since it was at Rockford.

BJC

Bigshu

HBA Supporter
I go to the airport on Sunday (the day before the official start) and go every day through Saturday noon. Sunday is airshow day for the general public; I don’t watch the airshows. Also: I don’t try to do/see everything. But I have been going to Oshkosh since it was at Rockford.

BJC

I'm not sure how much time this year will require. If some events are cut back, and vendor presence is reduced, like I hear it was at Sun and Fun, It might take less time to see everything and everyone I'm interested in this year. I've got some very specific things to cover with a few vendors, and plan on meeting plenty of HBAers for coffee in the mornings. I think this year I'll be more prepared with a list of things to accomplish, since I always forget something!