Oshkosh 2021

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

WINGITIS

The airframe configuration of the Blackfly, allowing VTOL and then level "aerodynamic" flight... that is pretty clever and allows some big problems to be solved. From cruising altitude, in the event of a complete power loss, it appears that it could glide down to a skid/run-on landing under some amount of control.

That is assuming they were ancient and archaic enough to put elevators and ailerons on the thing...
There are two trailing flaperons on the tips of each airfoil, they are a reasonable % of Chord, but if there no battery power, there may be no power to them either!

As their drivers will not be pilots even if there was a manual controls backup option how would they know what to do!

WINGITIS

=AN-2 (modyfied)=
"Партизан", ТВС-2МС

-not so loud ?
Its not taking off vertically on those electric motors alone!

I do like the thought of adding a couple of those electric motors to a Microlight of some sort to augment the 50 HP engines on takeoff.

Which can then charge the batteries whilst in level flight.

Kyle Boatright

I know but we have not seen the Blackfly cruising along with the airfoils level and the body up at the back at its 45 degree angle, the thrust required then will only be 1/4 or less of what it needs to hover or takeoff vertically.
Yeah, that's what I wanted to see. They should have buzzed it up and down the runway a few times. Or circled the U/L field for 30 minutes in order to prove that it has more than 3 minutes of endurance. Hovering it like a quadcopter didn't impress me at all.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
After watching that last video in Post #257, I have only a few questions.

When I buy my Blackfly, does it come with a crew of 5 or 6 self-righteous Millennials with beards and Kombucha drinks to put it together... and the good looking blonde to straighten out the propeller blades?

When I fly it... will I always hear over-hyped dramatic music playing in the background? Will the music be louder than the electric motors or will the motors be louder - like in the video?

Is there some guy on the other side of the world (who kinda sounds just like the tech support person from my internet company), who is actually determining where and how fast it flies? Will I ever be able to speak to that person in an emergency, 'cause I never seem to get him on the phone to fix my internet until I wait half an hour. Will that guy ever let me fly my Blackfly without him?

Is the guy across the globe who's actually helping me fly my Blackfly related to the guy who sends me e-mails telling me that my account will be closed promptly unless I click here? I'm a little worried it may be the same guy.

WINGITIS

After watching that last video in Post #257, I have only a few questions.

When I buy my Blackfly, does it come with a crew of 5 or 6 self-righteous Millennials with beards and Kombucha drinks to put it together... and the good looking blonde to straighten out the propeller blades?

When I fly it... will I always hear over-hyped dramatic music playing in the background? Will the music be louder than the electric motors or will the motors be louder - like in the video?

Is there some guy on the other side of the world (who kinda sounds just like the tech support person from my internet company), who is actually determining where and how fast it flies? Will I ever be able to speak to that person in an emergency, 'cause I never seem to get him on the phone to fix my internet until I wait half an hour. Will that guy ever let me fly my Blackfly without him?

Is the guy across the globe who's actually helping me fly my Blackfly related to the guy who sends me e-mails telling me that my account will be closed promptly unless I click here? I'm a little worried it may be the same guy.
I believe the lady in the red skirt is the "product development manager", she was totting a handbag and a trendy shopping bag that had ALL THE ANSWERS to your questions in them...I AM SURE!

The freshmen mechanics that bolted the wings on are focused on the Pilot, as are we all ;)

At least the Pilot was confident, you can see the fresh air she was supplied by looking at the gap between the canopy and the body mid way along(Production ready) they say...