• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Of Spiders and Men (Part two)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbrochey

Okay the weather here in the high (7600 ft) desert of western New Mexico has been balmy... 75 today and been getting up around 80... piercing blue cloudless skies.. you know, New Mexico style... nice for working.. But... returning back to an earlier thread there I was the other day, installing large window trim when I noticed something near my feet... yes... it's tarantula migration time here and living near the forest and dry lake bed lots of tarantulas... Black males in search of the brown females, who will eat all the males she doesn't like. Anyway I digress, this one in the photo would not leave and I'd shoe it away and it would raise up on it's hind legs and approach my working area again. And it would climb upon the side of the house towards the eaves. I got a broom and gently relocated it further in the yard. We don't kill them, ever. Maybe I've lived too long here with my Navajo friends but they told me never kill them, it would bring bad luck. My friends sometimes mess with me but I can never tell so I usually listen... then on the way home yesterday not far from our place a newly run over rattlesnake... maybe getting colder would be nice and these guys could go hibernate someplace... :) Oh, and how big is this one? Smaller than I usually see, about the size of a Jiff (large) peanut butter lid.

IMG_1416.JPG

IMG_1418.JPG

IMG_1420.JPG

Back