• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Guy Needs ideas for special needs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzbauer1

Unfortunately, my previous hobby has left me paralyzed from the Waist down. It has been 4 years now, and I am just starting to want to move forward on thinking about learning to Fly. I have much experience with 2 strokes and understand creative design. My thinking is possible taking an 801 STOL plane and creating a roll in ramp. Just dropping down the back, making a ramp lok s almost like it was made to order. I would then roll right up into the plane and transfer onto a special swivel seat adn join you guys in the air. Of course hand controls and other equipment would be needed. Any thoughts on other options, and how others do it, would be appreciated. I have very good strength and complete normal movement from the waist up. For those with questions. I am happy to talk about the injury and situation. From my stand point, the only good thing about it... my shoes will last longer than your!!! (LOL) Looking forward to your thoughts and information. Thanks, Mike (Florida)

Back