• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Need a little help getting going!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbarracer1

Hello all, My name is Adam
I recently found this website and I am amazed on how much help out all these people with there designs.

I would like to design and build a aircraft and maybe sell it as a kit or get it certified!

I am posting today to ask for some advise on getting started!
I have a Idea in mind for my aircraft but need the next step... I am having trouble with drawing it out... post any tips tricks etc... also I would eventually make a scale model, what materials would I need to do that. Also I would like use CAD to help and I am currently looking for a program any suggestions?

Ok so what I am dreaming up is:
  1. Fast
  2. Efficient
  3. Looking at a I0-540 or 580
  4. High or Low wing
  5. 6-seats
  6. Cruise over 200knts hopefully over 250Knts
  7. Responsive at slower speeds
Ok so after this whats the next step!
Thanks for anyone that helps me out!!!:roll:

Back