• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Lycoming IO-540 Cylinder Head Template

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeBuilt101

I need to build an engine cooling air baffle for my airplane. The only realistic way to do this would be to use an aluminum sheet of metal that is attached to the engine heads using the same holes as the rocker covers. In other words this aluminum plate would be sandwiched between the cylinder heads and the rocker covers and two sets of gaskets would be needed to mount this on the engine

Does anybody have a template or a digital scan of this so that I could have it CNC cut locally

Back