• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking for Composite structural mentor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnwillden

Hi All My name is John, I am here in the USA, about to retire and pursue my dream, I have a composite tandem fuselage and no composite experience. I'm looking for mentor to help with the structural analysis. The deign is complete, similar to a Sky Master, but how to make it structurally meet the G load requirements of 4.4 utility category?
Parts to be built are wings tail and booms, and then attached to the fuselage section, wing center section is fuel cell, with tail boom mounting provisions. Outer wings will be strut-less using NACA 2412 and a modified 0012, span to be 35' and length around 26, This I believe will depend on W&B arms.
I would like to use last a foam, honey comb, polystyrene with epoxy. Carbon and Glass, But in what combination and area ?. I have an Idea for the spar I got from the Strojnik series, with a sandwich core wing skin, I will be using hand layup and vacuum bagging, but can heat cure my layups if needed.

Weight to be LSA, HP is 100 to 150
Thank you
John

Back