Quantcast

Wanted J-3 kitten plans

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

addicted2climbing

Log Member
Hello Gulfarium,

I am also in need. I have a nice set on PDF that a member here sent my but its just the fuselage. No wing info whatsoever. If anyone has a full set or the pieces I am missing let me know. I can combine them into a single l can and then share it to those in need. My dad has a J4 kitten Sportster project and he needs to rebuild a few ribs and having the pattern would be easier than tracing the root rib.

Marc

Aerowerx

I have a full set of plans in jpeg. They look like they were scanned in from an original blue print, so I doubt they have a full size rib drawing.

The wing rib looks like a flat bottom Clark Y. If you want the coordinates I can transcribe them, but I am hesitant to post the drawings because of copyright issues.

Gulfarium

I have a full set of plans in jpeg. They look like they were scanned in from an original blue print, so I doubt they have a full size rib drawing.

The wing rib looks like a flat bottom Clark Y. If you want the coordinates I can transcribe them, but I am hesitant to post the drawings because of copyright issues.
Yes please.
thank you,
Cydeen

FritzW

Log Member
I probably have the same ~46 pages of plans as everyone else but there seems to be enough info there to make some serious SolidWorks drawings of the ribs.

582_kitten.jpg J3_kitten_copy.jpg

addicted2climbing

Log Member
I probably have the same ~46 pages of plans as everyone else but there seems to be enough info there to make some serious SolidWorks drawings of the ribs.

View attachment 75714 View attachment 75715
Hello Fritz,

If your open to sharing your plans please PM me your contact info. My dad needs to finish his J4 Sportster. The project came without plans since the son had no idea where they were.

Also why on earth are you drawing every manner of airplane in solidworks when you have those aircraft in your hangar? get up away from the computer and finish those beautiful aircraft.... :)

Marc

Gulfarium

Yes I want to build my first J-3 kitten when if I find the plans.
Please send me the plans pdf. I would be very much appreciated it.

Miss. Cydeen Roddenberry

Aerowerx

Just checked.

The J3 kitten plans are on the Yahoo Cfair4 group. Cfair1 to Cfari4 is a collection of copyright free (or expired) aircraft plans. I beleive that is were I got my copy, and probably where JIC got his.

The groups still exist on Yahoo, but I don't know if it is still maintained. To subscribe I think all you have to do is send an email to cfair4-subscribe@yahoogroups.ca with the email subject 'subscribe'.

If you are serious about building one, and can't get them from cfair4, maybe I can send them to you by email. Or, if approved by a moderator, post them here?

FritzW

Log Member
If anyone else wants a set PM me your email address (it takes 4 emails that are about 25MB each). I'm sure mine are the ones on cfair, if anyone has more and/or better info...

The airfoil info looks like it's all there but I can knock out a fullsize PDF template if anyone wants it.

BJC

HBA Supporter
View attachment 75712View attachment 75713

Same thing I have.

Since they are jpegs of (obviously old) blueprints, you don't know what 'full size' means, so how can they be printed full size? It would be better to take the coordinates and draw them out by hand.
It is obvious that you aren’t old enough to have actually worked with blueprints, and the attendant silver, yellow and red pencils.

BJC

Aerowerx

It is obvious that you aren’t old enough to have actually worked with blueprints, and the attendant silver, yellow and red pencils.

BJC
How old do you think I am?

I have worked with blueprints. Also done double sided circuit board layout by hand. Wire wrap directly from the schematic. Used punched cards and punched tape. Aligned 8 inch floppy drives. Zapped myself on a tube transmitter. Stabbed my thumb on 14 pin integrated circuits.

By "obviously old blueprints" I meant that the edges are torn and wrinkled. So it should not be relied on to be "full size", since paper can expand and contract with humidity.

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
How old do you think I am?

I have worked with blueprints. Also done double sided circuit board layout by hand. Wire wrap directly from the schematic. Used punched cards and punched tape. Aligned 8 inch floppy drives. Zapped myself on a tube transmitter. Stabbed my thumb on 14 pin integrated circuits.

By "obviously old blueprints" I meant that the edges are torn and wrinkled. So it should not be relied on to be "full size", since paper can expand and contract with humidity.
There you go and done it. I thought I was the only one here that has done double sided circuit board layout by hand. Got snapped by high plate voltage from the vacuum tubes.

Last edited:

Aerowerx

There you go and done it. I thought I was the only one here that has done double sided circuit board layout by hand. Got snapped by high plate voltage for the vacuum tubes.
600v @ 500 mA!!!! Took over 30 years for the nerves in my finger to recover. Can still see the scar at the entry point on my knuckle. Tip of my finger was charred.

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
600v @ 500 mA!!!! Took over 30 years for the nerves in my finger to recover. Can still see the scar at the entry point on my knuckle. Tip of my finger was charred.
Felt like I get hit by a sledge hammer and I hit the floor. Couldn't move my right arm for a while. It was 375 v . Something you will never forget.

Back when I was 10-12 years old I would scale up the model airplane plans in the magazines that I wanted to build because I didn't have enough money to buy the plans.

BJC

HBA Supporter
Since the jpegs are gray-scale, how do you know that the originals were not blue?
If they were blueprints, the base color would be blue and the lines light. A gray scale copy would have black or brown base color with light lines.

BJC