Intriguing book from Dover

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Autodidact

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Great find, thanks for sharing, I love cutaway drawings. For what it's worth, I just ordered mine through Abebooks, brand new, for under $12 delivered. I don't get a kickback or anything, just sharing my favorite source for used books and sometimes new ones. It's often cheaper than Amazon even for new books, despite the fact that Amazon owns it, oddly enough.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=22386316838

Autodidact

For what it's worth, I just ordered mine through Abebooks, brand new, for under $12 delivered. I don't get a kickback or anything, just sharing my favorite source for used books and sometimes new ones. It's often cheaper than Amazon even for new books, despite the fact that Amazon owns it, oddly enough.
Thanks, I ordered mine through Amazon like I always do; I'll have to look into Abebooks - lesson noted...

FritzW

Log Member
As soon as I saw nudie airplane pictures in the amazon preview I hit the 'add to cart' button. If I had read Matthew's post first I could have saved $5 :ermm:

FritzW

Log Member
My copy showed up yesterday, I thumbed through it real quick (looks amazing) but didn't have a chance to dig into it. I'm going to close up the laptop for the night and dive in :)

Autodidact

Got mine too. So far it's held my attention every time I've picked it up with my only complaint being that there could be more drawings - even though every page is completely filled with them. It's very interesting to see what the old guys did, and some of the structures are very complex.