• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Input on the cause of Rotax 912 engine's serious shaking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Chips

Starts right up, no kick back, no sputtering or coughing, no missing, idles but goes from bad to worse on the engine shaking as RPM is increased, no difference when mags are tested, shakes at an idle and so badly at 2500 rpm that kept there or higher I've no doubt would shake itself right out of the engine mounts.
It sat over the winter out of the crate after having some $7000 worth of work done, I'll find out what that was and post it later.
Wires have been checked to be sure they are oriented correctly.
The company did have the mags out, they have not been looked into to be sure they had been re-installed correctly but that said no kick back when starting or coughing as is common when a notch off. I have never seen anything like this being fuel related.

Any input is welcome.

Thanks

Back