• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

I have the Homebuilt I own or can borrow and $10 of gas, I'm going to...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$10 bucks of gas

• Stay local: Hooter's Gal of the Year Donna is going to be there handing out free beer!

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Go Long: Meh, Wife's not talking to me anyway.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Stay local: Hooter's Gal of the Year Donna is going to be there handing out free beer!

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Go Long: Meh, Wife's not talking to me anyway.

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

cheapracer

There’s been some polls done in the past on this forum – many trying to get the heartbeat of the forum membership. I’ve even seen one with “What is your Mission?”. Unlike some of those others, this one has but two choices, and neither one is wrong nor needs any further justification. Just trying to get a sense of the membership’s aspiration. Therefore, the premise is this:

You own or have ready access to any homebuilt one of your cheapazz group of friends has built, likely a plans built ultralite with a used Rotax 503 off EBay.

It comes with no gas but you got $10 worth in a jerry can that you carry in your 1984 Chev cause the fuel gauge is broken;

You forget if your current, might be overdue, didn't pay it yet because the **** kids needed school shoes last week;

It is located at the most convenient airfield to you;

So the weekend has arrived, Hooters is having a promo with free beer and food at the next airfield 10 minutes away, or I could go long and put the fuel on the Card and worry about that next month.

My homebuilt of choice is an EBay Zenith 701 I saw with a Subaru EA81, smokey, needs rings, but cheap, that's all I can afford - so most of you should know how I voted.

Back