• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Henri Mignet designs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Autodidact

I would like to see some (lots, actually) general discussion of the Flea including the HM.8. And specifically I would like to know if the classic examples of this design, the HM.16, HM.18 (I think), HM.290/293 have been updated to better fit the modern cheeseburger eater (I'm trying to cut down). Also, I ran accross a blog that is quite critical of the design and claims that there is some kind of coverup of Naderian type design flaws (seperate from the original diving problem that was supposed to have been solved). Are they really that dangerous? Some of the French guys seem to swear by them.
flyingfleaaircraftfacts.blogspot.com
I have always been quite attracted by this design. As a kid on family trips I would look out the side window of the car and imagine myself flying alongside in various types of airplane, the Flea being one of them. It is very tempting to build one because they seem so handy, fitting into small places, simple, etc.

The HM.18 is my favorite (on the basis of looks) but I also like the HM.16 as well as the 293:

ahm16.jpg

Back