• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrHorsepower

About two years ago I purchased some plans on CD off of EBAY for a machine called the Scorpion HX1 (or HXI--not sure--can't tell). This is a very well designed helicopter. On the CD are about 25 full size drawings including a laser nest and every part modeled in 3D in .SAT formats. This is a german machine; as there is German and (poor) English translations. Drawings are extremely thourough and call out all bearings, gears, and stock items. The airframe is to be of stressed skin aluminum and form plans are included. Designed for 250HP with a gross of 600KG.

I have never seen these offered ever since. I have done extensive web searches and come up with nothing. I am redesigning this machine in Solidworks for a tubular chassis and with a few changes to the gearcase using easier to find automotive stuff.

Right now it is just an exercise in design, but I would like to build it someday. Nice to know if anyone knows anything about this.

Thanks.

Back