Quantcast

Wanted Graham Lee or Airdrome Aiplanes plans

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

addicted2climbing

Log Member
Posted this before and know that the airdrome plans are not for sale individually, but would like to find a set to look at from an already built plane. I don't intend to build from the plans but mainly to study them. Graham Lee Nieuport plans or Sopwith plans also will work but not interested in the Moraine Bullet plans.

PM me if anyone has anything they want to part with.

Marc

GeeZee

HBA Supporter
looks like plans are still for sale. $139. I was yammering about this on a different thread. All the questions about aluminum tube and gusset construction essentially will be answered with a set of plans. Tubing alloy, size and wall thickness, gusset material, thickness and size. Rivet type and spacing, etc, etc.
I might need to order some skylight plans too.....
EDIT: I just ordered nieuport plans. They say 3-4 weeks. Should be interesting.

Last edited:

addicted2climbing

Log Member
looks like plans are still for sale. $139. I was yammering about this on a different thread. All the questions about aluminum tube and gusset construction essentially will be answered with a set of plans. Tubing alloy, size and wall thickness, gusset material, thickness and size. Rivet type and spacing, etc, etc.
I might need to order some skylight plans too.....
EDIT: I just ordered nieuport plans. They say 3-4 weeks. Should be interesting.

Thank you GeeZee. Was going to just but a set since they are chrap enough but was a bit worried since website seems half done and out of date. I was planning to call them but did not get the chance. The plan would be to redo the skylite tube and gusset to see how it comes out weight wise. Also possibly a bit bigger for pegasus DP1 or two place. If you get a reply on the plans being shipped let me know.

karmarepair

HBA Supporter
Yeah, their website is fishy. It does strange things when I try to pay with PayPal. I think I'm going to drop them a postcard and ask if I can pay some other way. I've been toying with building would might be the first Miranda ever built.

Bill-Higdon

Part of the problem is Graham/s son is the person behind the wegsite & plan sales. He has a machine shop in Edmonton that has been very busy for a long time due to the petrochemical industry ther

FritzW

Log Member
...small world
I'm (as we speak) in phone text negotiations with a friend of mine for his full scale Graham Lee N17 plans. He's too emotionally attached to them to sell them, but he's going to let me borrow them. I just want to make a CAD model of the GL N17.

I just contacted the son, Mike Lee, through the Nieuport webpage. I think he thought I was GeeZee because he said he was getting the plans I ordered ready to send (I didn't order any plans) ...I should have told him I was GeeZee and had him change the shipping address to my house ;)

It looks like one of our own HBA members was talking about building a Miranda.

addicted2climbing

Log Member
...small world
I'm (as we speak) in phone text negotiations with a friend of mine for his full scale Graham Lee N17 plans. He's too emotionally attached to them to sell them, but he's going to let me borrow them. I just want to make a CAD model of the GL N17.

I just contacted the son, Mike Lee, through the Nieuport webpage. I think he thought I was GeeZee because he said he was getting the plans I ordered ready to send (I didn't order any plans) ...I should have told him I was GeeZee and had him change the shipping address to my house ;)

It looks like one of our own HBA members was talking about building a Miranda.
This is good news Fritz that he is on top of shipping the plans out. I will order a set this week than.

Marc

GeeZee

HBA Supporter
Well, Fritz if you did that then you’d be on the hook to provide me some CNC cut gussets! ;)
your conversation with him bodes well for me getting a set of plans. Also I used PayPal without a hitch.
Marc, I’m not building a Nieuport. It it may be a biplane though. It may look a lot like a Lil Bitts or a skylite. Will have to buy a set of skylite plans though If i go that route. Not to worry I’m sure you’ll get yours done first. I’m still working on building a proper workshop and trying to get ADSB-out installed in the RV.

FritzW

Log Member
I got my hands on the full scale N17 plans. Apparently they're pretty much just the 7/8 scale plans with the dimensions changed for full scale.

It'd be interesting to see the Miranda plans, it's probably worth $90 to see what they're all about.

karmarepair

HBA Supporter
Just ordered the Miranda plans. Thinking about it as a test bed for a "Breathed On" V-twin with an Ace Aviation re-drive.

GeeZee

HBA Supporter
Just FYI, I ordered 7/8 scale Nieuport plans on May 11 and just received them on July 23. It might be a little quicker if you’re on the west coast. They shipped from Vancouver, made it to SanFrancisco on the 8th and arrived on the 23rd. And that was first class mail!
The “plans” are a 8 1/2 x 11 book of 124 pages. not convinced yet that “I” could build an airplane from them. Good for study and learning. If your goal is to actually build a Nieuport I can see the appeal of the Aerodrome kits.

GeeZee

HBA Supporter
Oh yea, I’d forgotten about those guys. Wonder if any created a online build log? I didn’t see any links from the chapter site. Also note that I said I wasn’t sure that “I“ could build an airplane from the book, not that it couldn’t be done ;)
I’m really just leafing through for the first time. I’m sure things will become clearer the more I study....