• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Glider design guidelines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtfm

Hi guys,
I once came across a neat little publication which spelled out guidelines for glider design. In it there were things like max lateral force on the fin to be taken into account and that sort of thing. I salted this little jem away, and 2 years ago when I was attacked by a ransomware @#$%hole, my entire backup hard drive which held all this information was lost.
I am now asking if anyone of this terribly knowledgeable company has any idea where I might find this publication again.
It didn't claim to be an authority or in any way official, but it laid out guidelines for glider design. One of the more interesting (to me) gems was how much lateral force one could expect on a vertical fin.Yesterday I tested my "sacrificial" airframe of the Fleabike, and discovered that my fin can EASILY withstand 80kg applied at it's aerodynamic centre. From memory, the glider guideline document suggested something WAY less than this.

Help?

Duncan

Back