FW190 Replica Kits

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

theedmancometh

Hi, I'm new to the site so please forgive me if this subject's already been covered.

I was looking at building an RV series aircraft, but I love warbirds, so am turning towards building an FW190 replica. There is an FW190 homebuilt replica in Queensland, Australia, but I have no idea who built it or where they got there plans from.

Does anyone know of any FW190 kits available, that are built using aluminium structure as opposed to wood and foam, that also incorporate a radial, and are larger than 1/2 scale (possibly 3/4). I believe the WAR kits are 1/2 scale, and built of wood.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

ED

theedmancometh

Thanks Paul.

I've just been looking at the Flug Werk GmbH site. It looks like their kits are aluminium and use radials. Not sure how expensive their kits are compared to a WAR or Jurca Kit.

I can't seem to find anything on the web about Terry Kronks 190, all that seems to come up is a little bit about his Spitfire. I had a close up look at his A/C at a recent fly-in, and I reckon I could build one! I saw somewhere on the web that he has used a Nanchang engine to power it.

Cheers,

ED

Spinnetti

Well, you are on the same exact road as me....

So far no luck. the Fluegwerek kit is a bit more expensive at .5M USD for the kit ;) and its full size. Nothing else out there decent.

I have a few pics of Terrys bird, and would love one just like it, but don't know how to make it happen.

Roland A/C in Germany is doing a 109G, and I may end up going that route as I don't have the skill to scratch build one like Terry did.

Good luck.. keep us posted if you find anything.

Spinnetti

theedmancometh

That is a good find Big Mac, thanks for the info. Unfortunately, although I have the skills to build something from scratch, I don't have the time, money or tooling to complete what I'd envisage to be a time consuming and daunting task. Maybe when I retire!!

I had no idea that Flug Werk GmbH FW190s are as about as close as you can get to the real thing, I was expecting some sort of half-arsed kit to be honest. When they emailed me with kit details and pricing, I was quite amazed. It's on my wish list for when I when the lottery.

Does anyone else have the will to build a replica but not the time/funds?

arcticserv

Ed, Terry Kronk lives in Toowomba, you can find his number on white pages.
I have contacted him before, he is a very obliging follow, give it a try

Shane

Martin

There was a message, that I now cannot find, about detail pics of the Kronk FW-190.

I do have a number of these, so let me know if someone wants them.

I don;t seem to be able to post pics, just video, so may need to research a bit more...

Martin

Autodidact

Heck, post 'em all up! What an excellent replica.:) You know, a Sea Fury with the M-14 radial would be a good candidate for replication, too!

flywulf

Attachments

SVSUSteve

Hi all,

Has anyone thought about using an AN-2 engine in a full scale FW 190? They are plentiful and cheap and 1000hp!

Round Engines. :)
Yeah, look at the records of the AN-2 aircraft (and most other Soviet era aircraft) and see why it's not something you probably want to scavenge for parts. There's a reason why the parts are cheap and plentiful. "Cheap" is generally not a good description of something you want to bet your life on.

4trade

Original German wartime engines have only 300-600 hours and scrap after that. I think that AN-2 engine is probably more reliable than original one.

Group Builder