• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fixed Wing Hovering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Ferguson

When I was a growing up I used to build chuck gliders of my own design with a very unique purpose in mind. I was fascinated by utilizing a headwind to hover. When the conditions were right I could toss my glider into the breeze and it would remain aloft for several seconds, apparently hovering till it gradually settled to the ground. I've always thought it would be fun to use a foot launched glider in the same conditions and just float a few feet above the ground.

Anybody else fascinated by this?

Back