• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Estate sale, was: New guy here! I need some info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m4rkz0r

Hey guys, my name is Mark. A month ago I knew almost nothing about aircraft, but I'm learning fast. I'm actually a car and computer nerd, so airplanes are not my forté. I'm posting on behalf of my girlfriend's family. They're long time family friends and I'm helping them solve this plane mystery.

A few months ago my girlfriend's mother's father passed away. He was a very interesting person who I really wish I would have got to know. The man seems to have done EVERYTHING. He certainly lived an interesting life. He was a preacher, a pilot instructor, aircraft builder, aircraft and car mechanic, electronics wiz, HAM radio tinkerer, remote control aircraft expert... he really did too many things to name. On top of all that stuff he was a bit of a hoarder. I don't know if he every threw anything away. Not to mention a lot of members of his church would pass him away and will him things like; cars, airplanes, ultralites, tools, and more.

What we are trying to do is liquidate all of his stuff. He has like 20 airplanes, 20 cars, a bunch of ultralites, airplane engines, and an amazing assortment of airplane parts, engine tools, and more. I'm trying to get some information on what everything is worth. With some things I can Google and see what the going price for things are, but a lot of this airplane stuff seems to be rather uncommon and none of us know where to look.

He had a lot of air plane friends so maybe some people on here know who I'm talking about. Once I find out more information on the planes I'll probably use the classifieds section on here. We have a list of planes with n-numbers and info on them. I don't have all the information on the planes with me right now, but I'll post what I do have and update with more information later.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back