• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Establishing fwd and aft cg limits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaysmiths

My Bd-4 is headed to the airport for weighing soon. If the empty weight CG is roughly 25% MAC, what is a reasonable place to put the fwd and aft limits in terms of MAC? Would the original limits determined by Jim Bede still apply even though mine is substantially heavier on the nose and the fuselage aft of the main gear is stretched? I'm wondering where the original numbers came from, I figure there are knowledgeable folks on here who can help with this! Thanks in advance.

Back