• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

EAA's Sport Pilot magazine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTAirco

LIke I once mentioned I am a bit of a magazine junkie and thought I'd see what "Sport Pilot" was like and subscribed. I received my second issue with a big notice on the front that this would be the last issue they would produce. They did some subsriber sampling and found that the biggest gripe was the amount of duplicated content, lifted staright from "Sport Aviation. I had to agree, it was a waste of pages to read what I already read in "Sort Aviation" and there were precious few of them to begin with. I think there is definitely room for such a magazine with the interest in LSAs. It is such a comparatively narrow field that, that if this is your chosen way to commit aviation, most other magazines will have lots of content completely irrelevant to what you do. I used to read "Flying" and there the problem is even worse - they try to cover everything from airliners and multi-million dollars jets to Cessna 150s. I only subscribe to it now because they offered it for only $7 a year!

Back